AOL Sports predicts QB busts

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Jul 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Which one is Overalls? ;)

2. i would say that he is the one on the right =]

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I like those bust picks...

I think brees will do fine if bush stays healthy. I assume bush will get signed.

Plummer is over rated and due for a bad year. I don't like him anyway..

If culpepper has a bad year everyone will say that randy moss made him and it will be tough to shake.

Trent green may be in decline and due for a similar year that favre had. Especially if johnson doesn't porduce big. I doubt it though. I think he plays ok but his numbers do drop some.

Bulger could have a bust year. No mike martz, bruce is getting old and faulk is gone. Bulger an average QB has basically benefited from playing indoors with great WRs but now he really needs a good running game from jackson to succeed.

Palmer has that knee injury to deal with and if he had to play without chad johnson for a stretch he might not be so good. Remember this guy was great just one year.

Rothlisberger lost another quality WR for the second straight year and their first rd pick looks like a problem. Let's see how he deals with some adversity and maybe less to work with.

4. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

The list that AOL Sports posted was accually put there for fantasy football players. I failed to mention that in my original post, sorry about that.
    What they were trying to say was, that the players on their list might be considered by some to be put on their fantasy teams but AOL Sports thinks that they will be busts this year.
    I was surprised to see that Volek was not on that list, but then again, why would anyone put Volek on their fantasy team? There are not too many people thinking he will finish this season be it another injury or because of bad performance.
    I also noticed that McNair was not mentioned.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

that is not a joke pic. That's really him.
    Maybe Overalls will turn out to be Houston's answer to Fireman ED.
    [​IMG]

ps- Good post RollTide

6. Sledge

Sledge Guest

Dude, that's a typo, it's supposed to say Like BiPolar said, not Lie :ha:

7. Sledge

Sledge Guest

I disagree. They have Deuce McAllister and Michael Bennett if Bush doesn't sign or is hurt. They have a nice TE in Zach Hilton, the line is improved despite the loss of Bentley, and with Horn and Stallworth, they have a couple of nice receivers

He is but yet they keep winning with him in there. Made it to the AFC Championship last year didn't they? I agree he isn't all special, but as a fantasy QB there is worse (Carr, Frye, Smith, Rivers, Volek, etc)

If he's healthy, he may be a top 3 fantasy QB this year. Miami has 2-3 solid WR, a top 5 TE, an improving line, a young stud RB, and they play on natural grass

I doubt it too. Edwards loves to run so Johnson will get his carries (and subsequent yards). Edwards also loves TE, so Gonzo will see a lot of high % throws, which helps Green. And their OL is all-world, so I doubt he'll even come close to having a bad year.

But I'd take him over Volek. Yes, Bulger benefited from the West Coast offense but did he really have a great running game the last 2 years? I don't think so. They've added a few solid rookie TEs, their line is also looking better with Barron coming on last year, and Jackson is due to break out.

It was also only his 2nd year as the starter. Palmer is tha man. One can only hope he's really recovered, plus, with those two fine RBs and that WR group, the best this side of the Mississippi (or is it this side of the Mississippi?), if he's healthy, expect another top 3 fantasy QB placement.

Actually, Holmes' incident is isolated, plus Cedrick Wilson came on in the playoffs last year and should at least match Randle-El's production. Plus they have a couple of Randle-El clones in Reid and Washington waiting in the wings, and Staley will take over for Bettis. Don't ever doubt the Steelers, they always find a way

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

like less teeth and cranium and bone.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

pittsburgH sucks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar