apt. complex shananigans

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 520, Sep 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

so we moved into a new apartment complex the 15 of last month. Our lease for the old complex ran through the 27th, but we had to sign by the 15 to get the deal for free months rent. So we do, I notice they take the cost of rent out of our move in costs, assuming that's where our "free month" was.

When I saw this on the paper for move in costs and what not, I asked the lady "so we will pay full rent in September." "no" she tells us, "in September you just pay 63 for the utilities."

I'm like...ok sure..so the next day me and my wife come to sign the contract, same thing I ask if we pay in September same answer, same girl.

come to pick up my keys a few days later..ask again, because it didn't make sense how one month free turned into two..same answer, different girl.

A couple days later we are having problems with another resident saying we park in their designated spot, sort through it, and again the girl throws out how Septembers waived, and we only have to pay utilities and parking.

well today I go outside and a 5 day to pay or vacate is taped to the door, saying we never paid for September, saying we owe like 1000 dollars after late fees. Wtf!?!?

anyone have any similar experience? Any advice on what to say when I go rip into these fools in the a.m.?

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Do you have anything in writing?

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

My advice would be don't rent.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. 520

nah..which was dumb. I knew we should of wrote it on the move in sheet.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Mrs JCB is in that business, when she offers a free month she actually prorates it thru all 12 months, no month is "free", just reduced to 11 months rent spread over 12 months time. If I had to guess, you got a lousy rep working with you who didn't know how to tell explain to you what I just did.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Sadly, you don't have much to stand on.

I know in most states, they can't give you 5 days to vacate, but I'd suggest paying everything over getting evicted because then you will never find a decent place to stay.

7. 520

if it was an option not to, we wouldnt

ya I know what they did, they used. The free months rent credit to cover the move in deposits and what not. They don't prorate here. 2 seperate people told me September was waived, possibly three since I don't know who was on the phone.

8. 520

ya. I guess. It's just dumb that I paid the 63 before the first, and they could of told me at the time that i had to pay a full month instead of accepting the 63

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Generally you agree to pay a "deposit" aka 1-months rent plus first months rent (2 months) upon move in.

Your free month sounds like all they want is 1-months rent upon move in

10. 520

no. Our deposits to move in totaled like 1000$. They took 900 off that, the price of rent. I noticed this and told the lady, so we will pay full rent in September then since the free month is took off move in? She said no, the first month we pay full rent is October. Told us this twice, and another girl told us the same exact thing. They accepted the 63$ money order they told us was all we needed to pay for September. Now we get a notice saying we didn't pay the full amount of September rent and we owe 1000$

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar