Arbitrator Rules for McNair

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titan Yapper, May 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

At least if he goes because the Titans drug there feet so long on doing something w/ McNair he will be on the Titans in Madden or at least only to free agent market.

In my world he will be a Titan for at least one more season.

2. Blazing Arrow

But if McNair gets injured he would still be under contract and our best case would be to put him on the inactive resever. We still have to take the cap hit.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I don't see a great deal of difference between your post and mine other than yours is more thought out and detailed. Essentially your scenario and mine are the same to me. Mine is more simplistic which isn't necessarily a good thing however, for my purposes I feel that my summation is accurate enough to the actual events that have transpired. I really never thought about Bus Cook though... he can just go to hell. I'm getting to the point where I really despise sports agents. One thing I can say for Billy Volek is that he doesn't let his scum of all scumbag agents drag him around by the head of the hair like he's a misbehaveing school boy. I'm loking forward to Volek playing. He deserves this shot for his loyalty. God bless Billy Volek...

by the way man...
    Ratbirds barely miss the playoffs?

Baltimore will S - U - C - K and McNair will be A - W - F - U - L !

Hear me now, believe me later... McNair will be the laughing stock of the league by December... You all will see... Oh yeah... and Dallas will be in the Super Bowl. :winker:

4. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Well, all the commentators are now saying that the Titans likely release or trade almost immediately. The point being that if the Titans have contended that the only reason he's being locked out is because of injury risk, they have to now go back on that and admit they are just dragging it out on purpose.

That may be true, but I'm still not buying it 100%. I still think they can say, well now we have to let him in because the arbitrator forced us. Also, I'm not so sure Bud Adams is too worried about the PR implications. He certainly wasn't when he locked the door.

5. Overalls

Overalls Starter

One thing that Y'all also have to worry about is that the longer the FO makes Steve wait, the longer his money is oon the books. The longer his money is one the books, the less likely that Y'all can sign any of the "quality" FA's that are left. I believe that Y'all still need a Back up QB and are still looking at Law and others. The longer they are on the market the less the chance that the Titans will be the team to sign them.

6. Blazing Arrow

If we pick McNair back up we would need to cut a QB. So we have an extra right now. A vet CB would be nice but I think our cap will not allow that. Especially if we eat the last year of McNair's contract.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

if the guys who are out there now were really quality guys, they wouldnt still be out there.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

If you have a contract in principle, then you can principally work out with the Ravens.

9. Blazing Arrow

If McNair got injured at the Raven facility while under contract w/ the Titans I think there would be issues there.

10. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

You got half that right. But, Dallas? :ha: :lol: :sad2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar