Are Sims or Reed Poised for a Breakout Season?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, Mar 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

The response you just quoted was not even to you... lol "you arent reading my posts".

No I was responding to someone else's post.

JWill said I wonder how many wins 48 million in cap space could buy us next season.

That is why I asked the question. Had nothing to do with you.

2. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

We addressed our biggest needs and still have quite a bit of cap space to operate with. That should be looked at as a good thing.

Generally in FA you are paying B players A player money. "Star" players aren't available every year in FA.

I said having that money leftover is not ideal. That is different than saying it is not good.

3. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

From you post 212:

"So you wanted us to spend all of our cap space..?

Lewan/Mariota alone will take up probably $40 million of our cap space. Then we will also want to re sign Casey after next year. There another $10-15 million."

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

You think Casey will get $10M/yr?

5. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

I understand it much more than you do, apparently. And the Patriots are experiencing difficulties with Butler and his contract situation, and it's tough to argue that Gilmore's contract won't play into negotiations. And we aren't exactly at the same place NE as far as the franchise goes. Giving that contract to a guy who you aren't 100% sure is going to be an elite cornerstone isn't a good way to build your team, and you better believe that the agents and the egos of the players will see that $15.5M cap hit and use that as a negotiating tool. In your Madden, imaginary money world, your ideas make sense, but that's not how things work.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  6. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

That quote was from Dman talking about our 48mil in cap space this year. I have said nothing about Jurrell Casey or his money due in 3 years.

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Parse the words however you like. You're either happy we have $50mil in unused cap or you're not!

8. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

You think he would be smarter with the amount of times you and @Gut have taken him to school.....

• Cheers Cheers x 2
    • Boring Boring x 1
  9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

What makes you think so? Please show us your vast and 'apparent' superiority in all things related to free agency, player contracts (and their impacts both within the team and league wide), and the impact of a team being $40+mil behind other teams as it relates to wins. Bill Belicheck will be listening!

I'll let Bill know he made a huge mistake!

Do you think the Saints made a terrible decision in signing Drew Brees to a free agent contract when he came off an unprecedented injury with the Chargers?

That's funny, because I'm the one using real world numbers and figures and you aren't. And I'll let Belicheck know he's living in a Madden World where his ideas don't make sense!

Oh wait, he's a soon to be Hall of Fame HC who does the things you say we can't do because they are for a Madden World. Unfortunately for you and your argument, he's doing them and kicking butt in the real world!

And I'll follow the strategies and concepts of the Belichecks, Parcells, and Bill Walsh's over yours! And you keep believing you know better!

10. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

I am aware of what I wrote. It still doesn't say we didn't sign anyone (even though we did sign guys) this year because of Lewan/Mariota and Casey.

I asked you a question based off of your last post. I even bolded the part I was asking a question about.

#250 Dman5TX, May 18, 2017
    Last edited: May 18, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar