Are the Giants better than the Titans?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dontdraftcutler, Nov 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

I mean, all of the media keeps saying it. "well, the Titans are undefeated, but the Giants are the best team in the NFL"...as a matter of fact, I just heard Tom Jackson say it 3 minutes ago on MNF halftime.

Thoughts?

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

well they are not crippled with Jimbelina as their DC

all comments degrading Jim Schwartz must be weighed against the current Titan D performance and Fat Alberts looming free agency. also if you have read this far there is nothing wrong with preaching to the chior sometime right NoMoreSchwartz?

3. cayal

cayal Starter

They played in the toughest division, but they lost to the Browns...weigh it up.

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I'm hoping we find out in Jan - head to head...
    They said the same thing in yesterday's game when we were down 14-3. 5 minutes later we were up 17-14 and they stayed away from that jazz the rest of the way.
    Mr. Giant Tiki Barber himself said last night the Titans would go 16-0

BTW, that bit about 29 points in the 4th quarter isn't quite so applicable in a 10-0 season where no team has scored more than 21 in four quarters..

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

And it took overtime to finally put away The Bengals at home

6. HornedToad10

HornedToad10 Camp Fodder

Personally I think the Giants are better, but it'd be close. Probably a 6-4 split in favor of Giants in a 10 game series. Hopefully we keep improving, get KVB back, and find out at the end of the season.

7. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

No.

The Giants win with more style but who cares? They lost to the Browns, Eli threw 3 interceptions, and we haven't lost. Our defense is better and I wouldn't be shocked to see Arizona beat them this week.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

yes.

their offensive line is better. they have three capable running backs while we have two and their WRs are more explosive.

i'd take our defense any day of the week though.

9. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

No. Looks like Eli is regressing a little (at least before the Ravens game, we'll see if he gets hot again), Plex is close to a TO implosion, and our defense and run game is much better. A head to head matchup could really turn on what kind of weather (and what field) it is held on. At Tampa, we'll just have to hope for rain. :))

10. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

The offensive lines are about the same really. But to me Ward and Bradshaw are nothing really special. They have high YPC but it's a deceiving stat because both of them only average about 10 carries a game so it's misleading.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar