Are the Titans better without Finnegan?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Jun 26, 2012.

?

Are we better without Finnegan?

Poll closed Jul 3, 2012.
  1. Yes, we are better without Finnegan.

29.4%
  2. No, we would be better with Finnegan.

70.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

This is the unknown. If Finny's replacement lets 7 out of 10 balls thrown against him get caught too, then no. If hes better than that, then yes.

My biggest fear of losing Finny is tackles. Theres a reason why he always had a lot of tackles, the guy could tackle. however that came along with him letting the WR he was facing catch the ball too much.

Itll be fun (or horrible) to watch next season to find out.

2. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Campbell was my rookie to watch last year. Back then it was because he was coming from being a janitor. I figured he'd be hungry and his speed and athleticism seemed elite. The only way we're better without Finny is if this guy develops into a playmaker this year or possibly another young guy.

I think we're better with Finny, but we could have better starters on the field if any of the young guys is better than Finny. Hawkins held his own against one of the best passing teams in the league last year and there's been a lot of good things said about Campbell.

3. RTH

RTH Meh...

I voted "better" but I explained my reason - legitimate - why I voted that way on page 1 or 2.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

3/10 people vote Finnegan is garbage and makes the team worse. He wouldn't even deserve a roster spot.

Hard to believe he will be that bad.

5. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I think that in the near term we are going to miss him. However, over the next 2-4 years we will be better without him IMO.

That said, since no timeframe was specified in the poll, I voted for this season (we will miss him).

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Even if FInnegan sits the bench we are better with him, unless all CBs on the roster are better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar