Are The Titans Content With Mediocrity?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Nov 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

I've been pondering this question and i'm not the only one.The team has to change some things in the organization as a whole.There seems to be a mentality that has been prevalent here for quite a while now.There seems to be a lack of leadership on the team as a whole.You especially saw it during the two games against Pittsburgh and Houston where we got blown out in back to back games.It seems almost at times as if the players are not fully doing their best or going through the motions.

Fisher is now gone so you have Munchak and his coaching staff who were put together pretty quickly.It all starts at the top also.GM Mike Reinfeldt i think could do more and i do think that while he drafts pretty well it seems he could do more at times.Not real big on getting quality free agents and mostly goes for bargain basement deals like Barrett Ruud and i definitely think he could've brought in another WR to help our offense especially Brandon Lloyd.It seems like from the top of the chain from GM,coaches and right on down to the players on the field i think more could be done.Since players like Steve Mcnair and Eddie George left it seems like they haven't been able to stay consistent.

2. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

It seems like it, & I think the coaches & FO has good intentions and really does look at all players and think about bringing people in, but they probably overthink it and don't think the player will make a big impact so they end up doing nothing. They may be right some of the time but you're never going to improve if you never actually take a chance of bringing someone in to better the team. Sure we signed Moss last year but the dude was like 50 and nobody really thought he was going to light things up for us anyway.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

They do seem content just being there. Nothing besides the Ravens win says they wanna be taken seriously.

4. JCBRAVE

I don't get it either, why get down on yourselves when you're losing by 14? You should know the other team will also mess up allowing you to get back in the game. Seems like when we're down, so are these guys spirits. That's not so much on the coaches as it is on the leaders of our team, i.e. captains and vet players.

5. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

I noticed that too.It's very common now to see a team down by two or three touchdowns and then the other team messes up allowing the opposition to quickly get back in the game.However it seems like our guys throw in the towel rather than fight back.

6. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

if you guys don't like it... yall can switch teams...
    i swear, it seems like if the titans don't get into the playoffs or even to the superbowl, we all die or the world ends or something of that sort... look back at the preseason/lockout... you really expect us to do anything with hasselbeck which most posters said was washed up, the defense who gave up high yardage, and a rookie QB that would probably play by week 7... most of yall were already writing this team off, some saying we won't even win a game this season...

then we beat the ravens and we're a playoff bound, maybe superbowl bound team.. after losing two straight... we're a franchise that's destined to never win again and we start pointing fingers at the FO because they're not doing what we think are being done.. i'm pretty sure the FO wasn't planning on CJ tanking this year or Britt being put on IR... but hey, as long as we get so and so since he had good stats, our season would've been saved because of one WR

• High Five High Five x 3
  7. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

We are talking about the past 10 years, not the past 10 weeks.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. JCBRAVE

[​IMG]

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I don't know about being content with mediocrity. There is definitely less urgency to win now like other organizations have. Not that the win now mentality always works, it just seems like the Titans try to do things "the right way" and it never works.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar