Are The Titans Content With Mediocrity?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Nov 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I wouldn't mind seeing what Lloyd/Avery could do.

2. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Yes it is ok as long as we keep selling out games, buying beers, and going to games. And it is a shame too!

3. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I do not think that our organization is content with mediocrity. Fisher may have gotten a bit complacent, and we set our organization back a few years with our previous "franchise QB" choice, but that is just it....we have set ourselves back a few years.

During the offseason NOBODY expected this team to be doing much better than it is now...and that was assuming CJ playing like CJ and Britt...well, playing at all. We are 4-3, and probably on our way to a 7 to 9 win season. Yes, that is mediocre, but it was also expected this season.

We just drafted our new franchise QB, and brought in what was likely the best qualified veteran QB to train him. We got rid of alot of the players/coaches that, despite what folks think, were involved in alot of the turmoil over the past few years, and we are rebuilding. That does not happen in one year, much less 7 weeks.

I think that we finish strong this season, MAYBE even make the playoffs (more a sign of division weakness though). If we have another draft next year as successful as this season's draft appears to be we will be on our way, and far better than mediocre in 2012 IMO.

4. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

good points! I think the division was there for the taking but I do see the point.

5. Anthony4Titans

Anthony4Titans Starter

I'm late to the discussion as usual but I'll give my opinion. This franchise just gave what they thought was a play maker a 33mil guaranteed contract. Sounds like someone wants to win pretty badly. I think it's just bad management across the board. Our GM is mediocre, our coaches are the same.

Our O line sucks so much partly due to the fact that they decided Kevin Mawae was washed up when he probably wasn't. Now we got Amano in his place. Bad talent evaluation maybe?

I think some people may be underestimating the overall quality of our athletes. But I don't really have any facts to support my theory about that. We have bad holes in certain positions and they aren't being addressed imo. WR in particular. Another thing I noticed is that our run production seemed to get worse with the loss of Crumpler two years ago. Maybe we miss Smash more than some would like to admit as well. Obviously the loss of Britt and the lack of production from our high priced "PLAY MAKER" are two of the biggest problems we have. The instability at the QB position along with the Fisher divorce. The passing of Dinger... Well, if you think about it, this team has dealt with some adversity in the past few seasons.

I also am getting a big kick out of Texans fans who are a game up on us counting their chickens.

6. thickfreakness

thickfreakness Practice Squad

I thought you were implying he was a #1. I'm all about improving the team, and I already said Lloyd would make us better. I don't think the Titans are content with mediocrity, but we are a mediocre team. There are quality guys in later rounds, afterall, Lloyd was drafted in the 4th. I just don't value him that high.

7. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

I'm also thinking a lot of this falls on Mike Reinfeldt.I'll admit he had a good draft.To me it just seems like they never go the extra mile sometimes when its needed.I also hate when we have a glaring problem with depth or at a certain position and it gets painfully ignored.

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

The Titans are just plain scared scared of WRs. Maybe snake-bit by Moss, who knows but it's always been the most baffling issue - dating back to the McNair days..
    Bringing in Nate as a #3 has been the biggest impact move in a decade.
    I don't think any team is content with mediocrity but I often wonder what it is with TN and WR's...

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

IF they want Locker to succeed they are going to have to give him something to work with.You are right we are horrible with WR's besides Derrick Mason and Nate Washington.They have to get a RB in there to gain yardage because Chris Johnson is not getting it done.I never thought i would say this but CJ is stalling our drives on offense with his 1 and 2 yard carries.You have to get Locker some weapons on offense.At the very least get a good bruising RB who will pound yardage and move the chains.Bring in another diamond in the rough like Nate Washington in free agency at WR.We do need to get a deep threat at WR and hopefully Britt will be healed and be that threat.

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

As much as I've been on CJ this season I'm betting he'll be back next. A bruising goalline type would be nice to pad the corps..

Britt can't be counted on - at all. Replace him as if we had no #1 at all and if he survives injury and his own stupidity then we have a little bonus.
    We need an man sized TE and a Caljon/AJ Green type #1 addition.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar