Are The Titans Content With Mediocrity?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Nov 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I'd bet a big part of the problem is the lack of consistency at the QB position. After 2003, McNair was really no longer a good QB. After that we got the joyful privelidge of having the combinations of Volek, VY, Collins, Doug Johnson, Redman, Simms, KFC, Rusty Smith, Hasselbeck, and now Locker.

That's more QBs than years.

That's PART of the problem, the ineptitude or bad luck of the Reinfeldt-Reese era in finding quality WRs is the problem. We had a good year from Bobby Wade, let him go. Givens was a product of Tom Brady, Moss was just a bad pickup, Washington seems to have been the only signing that was perceived as somewhat "big" by Titans standards, that has paid any dividend. And that took a few years, it seems like.

And I think getting a good QB will improve what we have, Or at least show us that what we have is not really good at all.

2. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

As long as the games sell out yes they are content. Untill it hits them in the pocket book nothing changes. We need to go get a real WR or 2 or 3. We need a power back and we need some nfl safeties. But the parts to the puzzle are here, to be much better

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Titans will always sellout. This is middle Tennessee and that will not be a problem.

Only thing can change that would be too corporate price the tickets too keep the locals out of the place.

4. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

For the first time they had problems this year. I see lots of empty seats at big games. Wonder how many go to the jag game?

5. MDTitansFan

MDTitansFan Rookie

Heres something to think about. Although this is a reach. Boycott the team until something changes. Or, start a petition for change. The only way to make an organization realize they are on the wrong path is when there are no fans in the stands. Here is why?

1. Kerry Collins was our QB for a few years. Was anyone excited about that. He retires and it takes the worst team in football (who beat us) to drag him out of retirement.

2. VY, although idiotic, brought excitement to players and people had faith in him. It wasnt pretty at times, but didnt he remind you of Tebow, Locker at times. My point, play Locker, or make Hass start to care more.

3. Free Agency is not a must for this team. We dont need to go eagles on people. But we need a guy that can come in a make a dang play. I loved the Nate signing. Thought he was a good guy to have. But who else did we grab recently that made an impact?

4. Keep drafting well. Dont pull any more Chris Henrys out of our arses.

5. Keep players around. Make sure we lock up key guys. Our tackles should be here for a while.

6. Get a coach in here with some discipline. Im tired of 15 yard penalties. Im sick of it. Im tired of the lack of effort. My thoughts on every player. They should be fined for stupid penalties, just like they get paid to make plays.

7. Get someone in here with an offensive mind.

8. Finally, my grandfather always said this. There are 3 types of people. One who watches people make things happen. One who makes things happen. And one who wonders what the F*** just happened. Sunday it was the latter. Stop the BS and lets get away from contentment.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Nice post!

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

agreed and it will be festival seating, but it is my understanding those tickets are visiting team tickets that were not sold due too the shortened offseason. Willing too be wrong

8. stump1000

stump1000 NFL Insider

You've pretty much outlined everything wrong at this point. I can't understand why the Titan's FO or Owner can't see this. I just wish things would change. I really am tired of 8-8 season's and never seeing the right changes made to correct our problems.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

exactly...i mean i b!tch about the titans but i still believe we are ahead of where we were suppose to be and given that we are like that with some of the worst line play ive witnessed in years-on both sides of the ball- and out number one playmaker getting injured in week 3

can anyone try to find that thread that we all were predicting on how the titans season would go this year...most of you said we would only win 5 or 6 games but are still complaining that we already topped your expectations for the season--i think i said we were a 8-8 or 9-7 teams not for sure though

10. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

EXACTLY!

and you would think they would realize the so-called deals they are making in FA isnt a deal when a rookie comes in and is better than the FA pick up lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar