Are The Titans Content With Mediocrity?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Nov 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showthread.php?t=74084

Though I think some bet higher due to the odds. :greedy:

2. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

3. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Mediocrity is the basis of the NFL.
    Average wins per season:
    Bill Cowher 9.93
    Andy Reid 9.46
    Jeff Fisher w/Titans 9.16
    Tom Couglin w/Giants 9.0, w/Jags 8.5
    Jon Gruden 8.63

I left out Dungy and Belichick because when you have 2 of the top 5 QBs to ever play the game it skews the numbers.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Yes, and in regards to yesterday's game..

Horrific effort all around. It starts at the top. The Colts are still an NFL team. When your preparation (gameplan), play calling, execution, personnel decisions, etc is that bad - you'll lose every week, no matter who you're playing.

I don't know what the gameplan was, to run the ball for no gains or have Hasselbeck toss 3 yard passes all day? 90% of the passing plays were BAD. That falls on the play calling too.

In terms of personnel, this falls flat on Munchak. Did anyone else see the first play of the game where Hasselbeck handed it off and came out limping? It's clear he wasn't healthy at all and yet was forced out there. He wasn't able to plant his feet on any throws.

The only way this decision makes sense (to force an unhealthy Hasselbeck to start) is if you're back up QB is awful; in our case, he's the future of our franchise, a guy who has looked great in glimpses this season, our first round, eight overall pick.

If Locker started like he should have (not because Hasselbeck is playing poorly, but because he's injured - big difference), I have no doubt we would have won this game.

Locker was great when he came in - go ahead and say it was because the D was playing prevent, but they were also playing prevent when Hasselbeck tossed his second INT - Locker dinked the Colts D up the field 10 yards at a time and got a crucial score when we needed one; when we needed that from Hasselbeck, he forced it deep into the end zone right into a waiting LB's hands.

Locker came in and got a TD immediately; something Hasselbeck couldn't do in 3.5 quarters vs again, a winless team!

I feel like we're content with mediocrity and that bothers the heck out of me.

I legit believe only the Tennessee Titans would find themselves in this situation - coming into week 15 in a playoff hunt, have a great chance to make the playoffs (we'd be the 6th seed right now if we won) and lose to a winless team.

Absolutely disgusting.

5. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Content with mediocrity? I'd say no. Do they know how to be anything other than mediocre? No.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

my gut is Hasselbeck assured MM that everything was a go on his end.

MM should have benched him early. I did notice 'the Rifle' was dressed sunday. Have not seen the inactives but would be interesting too know who they were.

Regardless it was obvious Hasselbeck was not close too 100% and it did affect the gameplan.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Lol, Fisher averages 8.35 wins. How pathetic you pick and choose your stats.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Can't believe I didn't bet on that...

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Same here, I dont even remember the thread.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar