Are the Titans still good at developing offensive linemen?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Architect, Feb 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edward nigma

edward nigma Starter

You seem to be confused about the subject of our conversation. You can wait all you want. We don't need to have HoF linemen every season to be competitive. You don't know what you are talking about, don't worry though, lots of people here don't.[/QUOTE]

I also never said we needed Hof linemen, I stated that we needed 1st round talent (instead of scrubs).

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

So who were the other players that we drafted in the first round with Washburn? Since that is what the "etc" is implying.

We could use a first round pick on OL, I do not think anyone will disagree with you there.

But none of these guys:
    Benji Olson
    Zach Pillar
    David Stewart
    Jacob Bell
    Justin Hartwig
    Were first rounders and all played very well in Tennessee. To say that Munch and Matthews never had talent, or they could not coach up later round talent is incorrect, since they have been doing it ever since they came to Tennessee.

3. edward nigma

edward nigma Starter

First let me apologize. Online forums are for people to post their opinions on a subject then people chime in to debate. I took offense to you saying, you don't know what your talking about.

All of the d-linemen that we drafted were not 1st rounders but they were high draft picks. [Ex. Travis Laboy (2nd), Antwan Odom (2nd), Jason Jones (2nd), Sen Derrick Marks (2nd)]

This is the direction I would like them to take with the offensive line, select talent (usually selected in the first three rounds). If you just so happen to select a Tom Brady type player later in the draft kudos, to your scouts because they did their homework.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

This team has always had an eye for offensive line talent, that's why they've been able to wait on guys and coach them up. Roos had very little experience when we took him, Munchak turned him into an All-Pro.

I completely understand your stance on this, but don't expect us to use the 20th overall pick on a O-Linemen.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

The scheme has to be some of it. We will find out next year.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I don't find that to be true at all. I'm comfortable if Otto and/or Velasco have to jump in because of injury.

7. bigdogtitan

bigdogtitan Camp Fodder

There are reasons players fall to the 4-7th rounds.We just need to fix the interior while still having Roos and Stewart in their prime.Otto is decent insurance in case of injury and shouldn't get the QB killed with his experience.It's well documented this is a crucial year for the future of interior o-line.I would prefer 1 free agent and 1 guy in the draft fairly early if we are going to run the ball better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar