Are there any Safeties worse than ours?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CriticalTheory, Jan 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

A lot of people on this thread have compared our D to the Pats and broncos, maybe not you, but others have. And I am not sure what strategy you guys want Schwartz to take. We dont have a big time pass rusher, and we dont have shut down corners, if your going to blitz consistently, you have to have at least one or the other. Our D is not talented, so the best strategy is clearly to make the other teams earn it by driving down the field. We did not have the personel to run a 46, and if anybody thinks we did they are nuts. Our corners got eaten alive as it was, can you imagine what happens if we leave them in more one on one situations?

2. super_titan

super_titan Camp Fodder

We should never Blitz Manning we might give up the big play,instead of the 20 and 30 yrd gains they get against our zone coverage.

Then again maybe we should wait until we have all the "right" players Jimmy needs to be a succesfull DC?

3. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

If you run one defense, a retarded 15 year old Madden player could write a game plan to destroy it. It's all about balance and being unpredictable.

4. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

(when you don't have the personel of the '02 (?) Ravens that is)

5. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Explain your strategy. Who do you want to blitz and which corners can cover harrison or wayne one one one, let me know. Is Sirmon going to cover Dallas Clark, while Kassell is blitzing, umm, no he cant. And who gets Edge out of the backfield while all our guys are blitzing? Bulluck is our best blitzing linebacker so I guess Kassell takes Dallas Clark, not a fair matchup, and Sirmon covers edge, not a fair matchup. Or we could bring the safeties up to help with those guys so Pac Man and Hill can cover Wayne and Harrison one on one, not to mention stokely, explain who you want to cover these guys with all the blitzes we should be doing. I am interested who on our team can cover any of those guys one on one.

6. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

No team in the league has a player that can cover a top offensive player one on one consistantly.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

you can be agressive and play the cover 2 or any other D

Titan D does not HIT, does not TACKLE and does not assert themselves on the field. If you are going to play sissy D ya at least got to make the O pay for their yards. Get a SS/FS who will make WR's grow alligator arms.

Titan DL is solid and while I agree overall with the LB's play this year, Sirmon and Bulluck have had success blitzing. All this injury crap is just a bunch of bull. If Sirmon was injured he should have went on IR again and let someone else take his snaps - NEWSFLASH he was NOT INJURED. Same with the other girly men looking at their knees after every play.

One thing the D did good this year - their was not a Titan down after every play like the two seaons before that. One of those guys, AH in particular, would lay on the field after almost every play. That particular pitiful display has been cut down on. I know it does not reflect on the scoreboard but it made them seem weak, so maybe there is hope.

Next Titan that missed an openfield tackle because of poor form should be cut.

8. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Thats exactly my point you can be successful running our style of defense, but you have to have the players to run any defense in the NFL. We dont have the players, and if you think we do, then I ask you to point them out to me because I dont see it. No one on our team is the level of Urlacher, Tommie Harris, Alex Brown, or Ogunleye, nobody. Which is exactly my point that our defensive problems are personell issues more than coaching. If you disagree then name guys who are to the talent level of those guys, you cant do it.

9. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Haynesworth is better than Alex Brown. =/

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

ANYONE CAN HIT. Anyone can be aggressive. All NFL defensive players should tackle.

No rule requires that a player be All-Pro to hit. The Titans do not Hit, will not use proper tackling form - everyone of them tries to blow up the offensive player instead of wrapping them up, and the coaching staff, but particularly the DC, allows this to continue.

What I am saying is if Sirmon won't cut it then cut Sirmon. Same with the whole lot of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar