Are there any Safeties worse than ours?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CriticalTheory, Jan 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

blieve it or not, winfield is smaller than pacman. 5'9" 180. just thought that was interesting.

2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Again you're skirting the real issue. Why doesn't Schwartz adjust his system to account for the players he does have available?

And about Bruschi and Vrabel: If you watch them play, and then you watch a guy like Brian Urlacher, Donnie Edwards or Derrick Brooks to name a few you'll notice there's a big difference in their skill and athletic level.

3. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I didnt say they were at that level, but our LBs arent even on Vrabel or Bruschi's level. And what system do you want to run, all i keep hearing is more pressure but I have yet to get an answer of who on our defense is supposed to supply this pressure.

4. Fry

you mean like stop putting tank in deep zone and lamont on the line of scrimmage? BRILLIANT!

5. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

More like get rid of Lamont and Tank and put someone in who can make a frickin play...

6. Fry

tank is actually a very effective blitzer.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

If George Plaster was involved that was no "panel of experts"

but seriously, they have taken a few subtle shots at Dehr Schwartzie recently, and no I did not watch that gob job on channel 5.

8. Like I said, it was a pannel of hairdo's...

9. MsTitan

MsTitan Camp Fodder

I know you do not think's that its the coaches job to coach and teach this but maybe we can start with....well....tackling. Just basic tackling. If our D tackled well I don't think I would be nearly as critical. If you get beat while doing the fundamentals, oh well. The other team is better. I don't feel that I our defense played as well as they could.

I also don't believe the offense played as well but there is something about Chow that leads me to believe that will change. For one, he will tell the players what they are doing wrong and what he expects. Two, they will listen. Three, they won't forget from the lockeroom to field and from week to week.

Just me two cents

10. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

Is that why we didn't have a single 100 yard game from any reciever or rudsher during the entire season. Even Schwartzie has never pulled anything off that was that pitiful. I hope your right about him improving cause our offense was, without question, that worst I have seen from a pro team in years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar