are we building Vince's trade value?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ONUV, Nov 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Have you seen him try and run the ball in the middle of the field? That's his strength, and now unlike his rookie season he looks like a 6-year old in a haunted house.

2. TitansWillWin1

TitansWillWin1 Camp Fodder

id like to see what you would do if you had patrick willis running at you at full speed??? his rushing td was pretty nice though cause he knew he was near the goalline and that at the time it was really important! if vince lowers his shoulder and tries to make that play then theres a chance he might fumble that! Now if the game was on the line vince would have made that play!!

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

he's still an open target since he's running with the ball and he doesn't have the luxury of sliding when he's trying to pitch the ball.

are you kidding me? i've wanted vince here since he was at UT. i've been one of his biggest supporters since he's been here. you, sir, need to pull your head out of your :grrr::grrr::grrr:.

4. TitansWillWin1

hes pitchin the ball so soon that no one is hitting him!!! look at the plays when we ran the option and then tell me he got hit!!!! if they do commit to him and hit him then cj is prolly gonna go a long way!! also if you like him so much then why say hes gone after this year when hes clearly gonna stay if he keeps playin like this!

5. Fry

just a few observations.

they're exposing him to unnecessary shots with called runs(qb draws, zone read, triple option).

it's pretty clear to me that he's playing better than collins did at any point this season, regardless, the coaching staff didn't want him to start, for whatever reason.

he's just not jeff fisher's guy and the chances of him being the next coach's guy is even less likely if fisher is fired. coaches like to start over fresh, especially if it will take vince another 4 years to learn a new offense.

6. 24

24 Starter

We just have to ask ourselves if we want a game manager for the next 10 years, because that's what he's being asked to do. I personally think this is VY at his best. He may not get any better.

7. TitansWillWin1

im sorry but bud adams has the say so in this one, not fisher! also those qb draws, zone reads, and regular options are wat vince has done his whole career and they have worked pretty good for him! especially the zone reads! and btw in 2007 they ran the same option play numerous times with lendale white!

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. TitansWillWin1

well if this is his best and we continues to win games with him as our qb, then thats all i care about and thats all that matters!

9. Fry

vince's salary has the say so in this situation. he's due 14 million after the season. if the coaches don't want him, whether it be fisher or a new regime, he's not going to be here.
    ok?

10. TitansWillWin1

if vince plays like he has been doin and we wind up with a winning record then he deserves that money and bud adams will give it to him! hes goin no where if he keeps up wat hes doin!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar