are we building Vince's trade value?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ONUV, Nov 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

i disagree. i think they are using VY the way he should be used. he isn't out the door just yet and i say with the way he is playing he will be here next season. maybe its fisher or vince and i think bud is liking what he is seeing so far from VY. it shouldn't have taken fisher this long to pull collins out anyways.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Few thoughts I had after reading others postings; why would we want to trade Vince, we are finally winning right? I mean really, for Fisher? I don't give a rats butt what Fisher wants at this point. Three weeks ago I was ready to protest outside Baptist Sports Park for that mans job, and now were collaborating on what kind of trade value Vince has? I cant see Vince getting traded, he has been the best thing for the Titans since they drafted him hasn't he? Can we trade Fisher? Whenever times are tough we look to Vince to save the day, and he does. I mean the guy does have some trade value today admit that. He's one of only a handful of players in the league that could instantly make your team better. Who wouldn't be up for that? Last month he's a 14 million dollar headache to a lot of people. In November he's been nothing shy of superb. I am very high on Vince and am thrilled to see him helping the Titans win as I always knew he could. Looks like he does make the defense better.

3. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

I think the ultimate question for VY is, is he worth 14 million on next year’s cap? Will he put up the type of numbers this year to warrant such? Probably not. So if he proves that he is worthy of taking over as the man but is not yet worth of the 14 million, will he renegotiate his contract to give him more time to prove his worth as a Titan? Let’s face it; he is still where he was his rookie year, a talented young QB that will need more development in order to become a NFL champion level QB, a QB worthy of 14 million. Thus I see a renegotiation or a trade to dump cap room (look at our FO’s history with maintaining high cap players) coming during the OS.

4. TitansWillWin1

TitansWillWin1 Camp Fodder

we have 0 turnovers through two games! enough said!

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Not that I give a crap about Collins feelings, but I do wonder whats going through his head lately.

6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

How can you say he's still the same guy he was when he was drafted? In the last 2 games he's been playing within himself and not trying to do too much which has resulted in some efficient performances a no turnovers. He's also reading the defense and KNOWING where to go with the ball against those coverages. That is a big improvement on his first day starting.

He is not worth 14mil and neither is any QB not getting you 30+ TD's and at least a 2:1 TD to INT ratio. The question is, WHAT is he worth and what # is VY willing to go to to stay?

He is basically a free agent at the end of the year and playing for a new contract because no matter what, his current contract is gonna be ripped up. The Titans won't take a 14mil cap hit for him and neither will anyone else.

When you say you see a trade to dump cap room, are you talking about VY's contract or trading other players? The Titans HAVE the cap space to absorb this contract, but why would you want to? They don't need to dump cap space, but they need to keep contracts reasonable for player's ability/production. Right now, we have a whole lot of players underperforming there contracts (KVB comes to mind). Other players are way outperforming there contract (CJ comes to mind) and the team may look to lock them up on the early side.

Gut

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

the answer is YES and YES
    we should do both

draft a rookie .... let him sit a few years
    rework Vince, let him work out some bugs, hopefully he becomes who they thought he was
    it's a win-win if you do both

Kerry leaves

8. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

The point is he is not YET a top calaber QB worthy of 14 million and our FO history will not pay that much for I guy that is not even a top 20 QB in the NFL. I am hopeful he will redue his contract to buy another year or two to prove himself as an elite QB.

9. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

It is now obvious to me that He is a top tier QB. The massive stats, and enormous number of touchdowns He has put up thus far is astounding. $14M? It is now obvious to me that He is worth a lot more than that. You can not teach what He does. It is instinctive and you can't put a price tag on that. Carrying teams is what He is capable of doing, we do not need top tier talent at any other position with Him on our roster.

10. Skullcandy

Skullcandy Camp Fodder

Nope, not enough said.....there is still 8 more games to go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar