Are we good enough?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PitBull, Dec 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Gut

Stats the best use of stats I've ever seen.:))

2. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Congratulations. You almost figured out that Vince is the problem, not Drew. That article was from last week, before the Texans game, so 3 is correct. Sorry to disappoint your perspective.

3. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

On the second pass Vince threw to Drew where he normally does not throw. Usually he puts the ball up and lets Drew go get it, if you have paid attention to previous games. This time he actually threw it to the correct place to avoid the defender, but Drew wasn't expecting it there. Again, chemistry between QB and receiver. Things aren't always as simple as they appear, but some minds are.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

5. TM

TM Starter

Just an excuse. Still doesn't change the fact that #83 had both hands on the ball on both of the first two passes.

And you can blame Drew's low percentage of passes caught on #10 if you want, but it was no different last year with Mac under center....as I've pointed before.

6. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Grow up kid.

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Childress...

Of course, because statistically, stats are always stats!!!

:))

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

TNThunder....

So we've morphed from Bennett NOT dropping catchable balls (other 'star' wr drop more), to Bennett being unfairly criticized for uncatchable balls (balls 3 feet over his head), to it's all VY's fault??? You should be a spin-doctor (if you're not one already).

In my experience and opinion...

If a WR gets 2 hands on a ball, he SHOULD catch it. = blame goes to Drew if he drops it.

If VY throws the ball 3 feet over Bennett's head, it's a bad throw (unless all WR's were covered and he threw it away to avoid the sack which would be a smart play). = blame goes to VY

Please don't make assumptions...like the article was from last week and I didn't know that. When I said I've seen Bennett drop more than 3 balls...I'm referring to BEFORE last week's game.

Since you like questions...here's a few of them for you.

First, since you think VY is the problem, what would you do to 'fix' this problem is you were the HC/GM???

Second, you mention that VY typically throws the ball high so Bennett goes up for it. But this time, that one pass he threw to the right spot but Bennett wasn't expecting it there - hitting him in the hands but he drops it. You chalk that drop not up to Bennett dropping the ball, but to QB/WR chemistry. So you're saying that if I walked on the practice field and threw Bennett a perfect pass to his numbers, he got both hands on it and dropped it, it wouldn't be his fault because we don't have chemistry??? Imagine Fisher watching rookie WR's coming in for training camp not having worked out with any of the QB's. Everytime they dropped a perfectly thrown ball Fisher should give them a pass because they haven't developed a chemistry??? Trust me, WR's are not evaluated given that kind of break....not even in HS!

And theoretically, you're basically saying if VY gets hurt and KC goes into the game, our WR's could drop every well thrown ball and it wouldn't be anyone's fault because of no chemistry between QB and WR. But if the ball is not well thrown, it's the QB's fault?

Are you really saying that if a WR runs the right pattern, the QB throws the ball perfectly and the WR drops it, it's NOT a drop on the WR (for any reason)? Think about what you're saying!

Gut

PS - And since you'd like to blame all of these drops on lack of chemistry or VY, how do you explain these same drops happening under McNair?

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Explain Mr Dropsies to me

[​IMG]

10. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

So intelligent of you to post one play as an example that someone drops passes. Have you figured out what a "Cover 2" is yet?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar