Are we missing something: Derrick Morgan

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Clark, Oct 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I don't judge corners by picks and I don't judge De's by sacks for the same reason. Very rarely do either of those plays occur do to an incredibly athletic play. Usually the guy making the play gets a huge amount of help from the other defensive players. Most picks happen because the QB is under duress and most sacks happen because pressure was coming from more than one direction. I judge a guy by how well he does his job and the h=job of a DE is bigger than just getting sacks, impactful as they may be.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

3. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

yep one good year. oh and the other DEs fry mentioned are garbage

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Morgan finds some ways to skew stats into making it seem like he doesn't suck.

But he does suck and is usually non-existent on Sundays.

5. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

This guy is always around the play. Stout vs the run and pressures the Qb often. Love Morgan!

We better keep him, Verner, Pitoitua & Pollard.. Have a bad feeling we won't keep all 4 though.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Morgan can be replaced with any draft pick. Would probably get far more of an impact player with anyone drafted in the 3rd.

Hell, Lavar Edwards could take his spot.

7. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

I'm not gonna say the dude has been amazing by far. He doesn't flash to me at all. Pitotuie is equally as good as him IMO.

I just think we have been drafting the wrong style of DL for awhile. Morgan included. The league is much more affected by the lengthy types that can bat down balls and create havoc with throwing lanes.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Morgan bats balls down

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Oh dont be mad the ACC is better than the Big 10

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Why is that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar