Are We Really Good? Or, Are the Raiders Really Bad?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Sep 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'm very impressed with our win today, however It was the Raiders. A win is a win, but still... it was the Raiders. I thought our defense did great, but the Raiders OL is junk. However, VY and the offense tore the Raiders defense apart, and the Raiders have a decent D.

So the question is Are We Really Good? Or, Are the Raiders Really Bad?

GO TITANS :)

2. OhioTitan

OhioTitan GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!

I say both. The Raiders really are terrible, but if we play like we did today, we are gonna have a great season.

3. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I'd say a little bit of both. Hard to say after the first game but since we rarely blow out teams I'm tempted to say it's more "the Raiders being that bad" but I'm also hopeful that we've improved enough to where we can blow out even average teams.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Nah man we're going to be really good. Maybe not 38 PPG good, but we are a playoff team. The only thing stopping us is us. Say Nate doesn't drop another pass, we're in Dallas come Super Bowl time. I like our squad a lot! Gage and Britt had no part of this win, usually it's them making game saving plays. I like the theory of giving C.J. 20-25 touches, because two to three will be TD type plays. He's not going to get burnt out, so put the ball in our best weapons hands. The fear of letting the outside runs get them, has the defenses playing it safe. I know it's only one game, but the offense dictates the game for us. So long as we set the tone, we win. Pittsburgh fans better be concerned, because nothing is stopping Tennessee in week-2.

5. Titans&SkinsFan

Titans&SkinsFan The future is wearing #10

It's hard to tell...but we did what was pretty much expected, which was to dominate

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

The matchups in this game were stacked in our favor. Going against a defense that hasn't been able to stop the run for almost a decade and an offense unable to protect the passer in god knows how long.

We'll find out how good our offense is next week.

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I agree with all the comments above. I think it's a little of both. If we can play with the "swagger" we did today, we're a hard team to beat. Not to mention: Thornton, McRath, and Hayes are all inactive, those are some major injuries.

8. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Good point. But I like our chances against the Steelers offensive line especially against a backup QB. And especially with Max Starks out.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

This was an extremely impressive win. We are good. We should compete with anyone.

Can we win when it matters? Hopefully we break that pattern.

10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

plus NO DROPS from Nate!! yay!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar