Are we trying to win now??? Looks like it

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bigreese82, Mar 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. metal957

metal957 Starter

We have given Steve his last shot. This is the year and it's now or never for him. Question is what is he going to do with it.

2. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

6 right?

EDIT: Disregard my last. Forgot about the extra 6th (or whatever) for Calmus. Still think we got the better end of THAT stick...

3. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

How are we built to win now? Maewe is the only old guy (and a top 10 at his position when healthy).

Thornton and Givens are young cats...

4. Woody81

Woody81 Camp Fodder

we still need a lot of depth but we've definitely improved. If we add a few of those "vet minimum guys" and have a good draft I would buy into a play off run.

5. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

And maybe Buds?

I hate to say it. But you never know.

6. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

If this is to be interpreted as trying to win now, then maybe that points to D'Brick being the choice at #3 (if he's there).

This off-season has shown that sometimes your franchise QB is available through means other than the draft....

7. Michi40

Michi40 Lost bullet

Here we go again talking about playoffs?

HELL YEAH!

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Kami...

Actually givens and thornton are more mid career cats. I mean dudes. Whatever. They are entering their 5th season so we are getting them in the prime of their careers and they should play well for a long time.

We have had 2 losing seasons in a row and for this organization a third is simply unacceptable.

I am concerned about brining in a center entering his 13th season.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Carpy...

Good point about dbrick.

We assume that we desperate need a top QB prospect who will be ready to start by 2007 but maybe we are working on a new deal with steve that will keep him around for 3 more years.

10. Canadian Titan

Canadian Titan VY & CJ = New SM & EG

It just means we're heading in the right direction!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar