Are we trying to win now??? Looks like it

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bigreese82, Mar 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Big year for steve...

Potentially anyway. We should be much better and deeper at WR and he should have the support of a better running game.

Steve might put up some great numbers in 2006. You heard it here first guys.

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I'm not sure Reese wouldn't do the same thing in any year he has money to spend. Each year teams spend most if not all of their CAP to put the best team on the field. This is the first time in years we have had any FA signings that amounted to anything. I don't think that means we are looking at Brick or Mario to help us improve any quicker. If they draft a postion player other than a QB it will be because they think they are far better than a QB that is available. With 3 franchise level QBs available I don't see how they could not go that route with McNair being only a year or two from retirement.

Now if Reese trades down for a bunch of picks it might mean something. However, even then it might be to simply get the most value for the short as well as the long run. A trade down could be an attempt to build for the future as much as a way to win sooner.

3. Ewker

Ewker Starter

No we don't assume we need a top QB prospect, we know we need one. :brow:
    I hope Steve isn't here for 3 more yrs :sad2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar