Are you ready to party!

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by fitantitans, Jul 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

I read someplace in todays paper whereas the City of New Orleans is asking the NFL to allow them to host the draft. New Orleans wants to turn it into a week long party. I am soooooo in.
    If any city can throw a party, Na'Leans can do it. Been there, done that and don't want to talk about it!
    I'm curious whether or not the NFL is smart enough to jump on this idea. Taking something boring and injecting some fun in to it has to mean dollar signs for someone up on that high NFL pedestal.
    If the idea takes hold, I wonder if Nashville would be interested in jumping on the bandwagon and try to bring it here.

2. would the be an age requirement

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

It will never come to Nashville and I doubt they will move it from NY. However, I would be all for it.

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

If they would ever move it, new orleans is one of the few places that could get it moved. The league clearly wants to make draft day a more popular event, and it's been rising dramatically in popularity the last few years. New Orleans could make it not only something to watch, but could make it a bigger event to travel to. Some people still go to the draft live, some even travel to NY to see it, but certainly more would go to New Orleans. The city can easily hold whatever number of people might show up, and the weather in New Orleans in April is heavenly... I'd never go to New York for the Draft, but I could sure be talked into going to New Orleans.

5. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

I agree NO would be a fun place for the draft to be, but like others have said, they wont move it away from leauge headquarters.

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I think it depends on a few things. The league clearly likes making the draft an event. It's definitely become a bigger TV event. If they want to keep it that way, it won't move. But if they want it to be a bigger event in person, or a whole weekend event for visitors, I could see them taking it to New Orleans. It would probably be in conjunction with them expanding a few other activities in New Orleans to encourage fans to come.

It's not the most likely thing to happen, but it's certainly possible. I'd love to see it happen.

7. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

i think its been in New York for too long, to much history to just say goodbye and give it to NO...

although a 2 day party non stop would be pretty crazy...

8. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

I agree with you, DCtitan49; there's no reason it has to be in NYC every year. The NHL draft here in Nashville a while back was great. Let's move the NFL draft around a little -- and not necessarily just to New Orleans.

9. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

New Orleans could use the business.
    All I need is the slightest reason to go to NO, and I'm gone...

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

The only legit reason I can think of is that is where the NFL Headquarters is.
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar