Are you rooting for the Dolphins next week?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Nov 5, 2012.

?

Who are you rooting for next week?

Poll closed Nov 12, 2012.
  1. Go Dolphins!

19.6%
  2. Titan Up!

80.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

We would've definitely beaten the Colts with Peyton... and one other game - either Vikings or Texans.

2. Parking Lot B

Parking Lot B Stud Duck

One problem though - A new horse won't be stump broke....

3. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

I root for the titans to win even with Hass at the helm... Bt I know to temper my expectations. And the outcome of losing would mean change, we need. Higher draft pick... Mediocre teams stay mediocre until they fall completely off and **** changes... Unfortunate

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Well, Manning lost to the Texans at home.

5. RavensShallBurn

But look at the actual game when we faced the Texans. It was 14-7 at halftime, we held them to under 100 yards rushing, and Hasselbeck gave them 14 points and took points away from us.

6. TitanJeff

The second Hasselbeck INT was with only four minutes left in the game. The second Titans TD was even more garbage time. They could have beaten the Titans by as much as they wanted in that game.

Manning had a passer rating of 83 on them completing just 50% of his attempts. Look, he's a special QB but I don't see him being anything close to helping the Titans be 24 points better.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. RavensShallBurn

Regardless of what time it came at, you're still counting all 24 points, so it should be counted as well.

Half of the points we give up are coming from our offense's inability to sustain drives and too many three and outs. That doesn't happen often with Peyton. Our defense played pretty well against the Texans besides maybe their first drive. CJ was running well, so add Peyton into the mix and I see a W, personally.

8. TitanJeff

I'm attempting to take the scoring in context to when it happened. Their last INT for a TD happened when the game was already decided. As was final TD was just before the end of the game.

So let's pretend Hass doesn't make the INT for a TD which took the game to 21-7. They scored again on their next drive making it 28-7 (without the Hass INT it's 21-7). The next time they got the ball they went totally conservative. Hass fumbles and they get another FG. If you want to take that away, you still have a 14-point game with 4 minutes to go when Hass makes the last INT.

If they don't go conservative in the fourth, you know they score another TD or two.

We'll have to just disagree on this as I don't see the Titans defense stopping them any more than they've stopped anyone else this season. It's not like Manning lit them up in his own stadium.

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

On a slightly off-topic, but related note: Today on 3HL they were asking the question "As a UT fan, are you now rooting for UT to lose to assure Dooley is fired?" They said they'd estimate about 70% of the responses they received said they wanted UT to lose.

Just found that interesting, considering the original topic of this thread.

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Lot of fake ass Titans fans out there. Enjoy rooting for the dolphins this weekend. Losers.

• High Five High Five x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar