Are you rooting for the Dolphins next week?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Nov 5, 2012.

?

Who are you rooting for next week?

Poll closed Nov 12, 2012.
  1. Go Dolphins!

19.6%
  2. Titan Up!

80.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Indy-1
    Washington-5
    Cleveland-5
    Minny-5
    Jax-6
    Dallas-4
    Tampa-4
    Miami-4
    Carolina-4
    Buf-5
    Denver-1
    Cincy-5
    Arizona-5
    KC-4
    S.F.-4
    St Louis-3
    Det-8
    Sea-2
    Oak-6
    Jets-4
    GB-2
    ATL-3
    N.O.-3
    Hou-5
    TN-2
    CHI-1
    S.D.-2
    Giants-1
    Baltimore-1

29 Teams have drafted in the top 10 since 2002. 5 have won super bowls in recent years. Just take a look and ask yourself if draft position is sooooo important, why are Det, Oak, Jax, and anyone else with 4+ always picking so high? Wanting to lose out for a draft pick is for chumps. Hell, when was Wright picked? 20? Outside of QBs, he has made a bigger impact this season than other other first rounder.

2. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

But you'll be rooting for us to win out though, right. So you're rooting for the wrong decision to be made. You're a BAD FAN!!!!!!!!! See what I did there?

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yea see, I get no pleasure in seeing our team lose, I do hope they figure it out because it's better late than never. Get a jump on next year as apposed to sucking and rebuilding and needing for that coach to take 2 years to get going. There's also a solid possibility we get better and do qualify for the playoffs. Wildcard teams win titles all the time.

And you with your "we should lose talk" should just stop posting. We all know we're a bad team, we don't need some pessimistic guy like yourself telling us how dark it is at the 11 o'clock hour, we know these things.

The NFL draft is a crap shoot, there's no guarantee a top 5 player will be our savior. In fact it's very unlikely. Our issues extend beyond the players, let the ones we're keeping get a taste of what its like to win so they can build on that.

Your idea flat out sucks.

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

The difference between me and Slidepiece is that I get upset when the Titans lose. He gets upset when the Titans win.

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Did I miss something? Did anyone even mention rooting for losses for a high draft pick?

7. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

Those teams always have early picks because they are poorly run teams, and right now... We're one of them.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I understand his theory, but it's just not a good one at the end of the day.

The only way a top player helps us is if the culture changes. And there's only 2 ways that happens. We either get our stuff together or we send the coaches packing. The latter may also be a crap shoot, don't know at this point. But I wont cheer for it to happen, because that involves losing and feeling bad.

9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Yes, I am hoping our team wins out. If we somehow did, it means they figured something out and would have no issues with them coming back. However, I know that will not happen. We will likely finish with 7 or less wins, and still get blown out in our losses.

You deal with the offseason, in the offseason. I find it ironic how everyone complains how we never get any big names to come here. It seems those same guys want us to lose out for picks too. You don't get good players to come to you with bad records, and then guys like Cook will leave when they become free agents. Winning does more for your team as a whole than it looks like.

10. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

He already had the list made up before he realized we weren't rooting for a higher draft pick. He can't just not post the list. I understand Scarecrow. I appreciate your list and the research involved.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar