Are you sure CB is not one of our top 2 needs

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bigreese82, Mar 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigreese82

bigreese82 Camp Fodder

1. Who do we have besides Harper and Finnegan that you feel comfortable with?
    2. Harper is a better zone coner
    3. Our young safeties were prone to breakdowns in zone coverage
    4. There are 5-6 corners that are projected as first 2 round picks
    5. Several CBs are also excellent KRs
    6. WRs take a while to develop
    7. Any decent DE will look good on the line with KVB and Haynesworth
    8. Plenty of change of pace/3rd down rbs are available later in the draft
    9. Our defensive scheme is setup to force teams to pass
    10.CBs have a lesser learning curve than most positions. He could contribute early
    11. No sure fire studs at WR in FA or draft

Fire away and please be thoughtful in responses

2. titansfan769

titansfan769 Starter

from what i hear were were lookin at signing a kr to cover the returning duties. but i think we need to look wr first round unless we sign a good one and even then thats gotta be our main concern. Then id go offensive line, then id go cb so 2nd or 3rd round sounds accurate. good points as well

3. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

The FO seems pretty interested in some young FA DE's, so I'd say it's a possibility anyway. We certainly don't have much depth behind Finnegan and Harper. Another thing to think about, however, is that Pacman, despite all the trade talk, could be back. It would be a waste to draft a top CB in place of a top DE if it weren't necessary.

4. titansfan769

titansfan769 Starter

well its been made very clear that pacman dont wanna be a titan, the titans dont want pacman anymore. His piss poor behaivor has left us high and dry for last season and most likely this season as well. And also hasnt it been announced that he will be suspended all season again.

5. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

None of that in bold is true. I can easily see the FO drafting a top CB if he is not reinstated before the draft. If he is however, reinstated before the draft, I could see Pacman playing here, if only for a year before being traded.

6. titansfan769

titansfan769 Starter

not to be rude but do u live under a rock, go to nfl.com everyone is talking about pacman being traded. this would make me assume that he dont wanna be hear and im just assuming we dont want him, i sure as hell dont

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Well if the Titans want to keep him. They will. I'm sure most don't but believe it or not when he's on the field he's one of the best CB's in the game.

8. KingTitan25

KingTitan25 Guest

i dont want him but my guess is we draft desawn jackson to fill wr as a play maker for vince and he can return kicks to. if you recall we did that with pac as a corner and kr. it would have worked if he wasn't an idot.

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Pacman is done here. Move on..

10. KingTitan25

KingTitan25 Guest

no kidding it was a refrence is all. the point was jackson would fill 2 needs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar