Arizona

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Why would any environmentalist want anything built in Arizona a state that produces nothing and has to have all their most basic needs like water and food shipped in thousands of miles from somewhere else.

Read barbara kingsolver's book about her family's move to Virginia and how ashamed she was to live in a state in which every individual is leaving such a huge carbon foot print just to live.

As for the government approving a solar plant i would think there would be plenty of investors of it were so viable and easy.

I do believe global warming aka climate change aka the change is total BS but if there are better ways for us to get the energy we need i'm all for it.

2. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Part of the solution is getting people to quit hearing "global warming" whenever anyone says "alternative energies" ;) There is nothing even slightly intelligent, conservative or American about poo-pooing alternative energy research by assuming it's some "tree-hugging environmentalist wacko mumbo-jumbo". Even W's house is cooled by solar convection.

It's totally not a political issue... it would be helpful if we told some high-profile "patriots" to stop making it into one.

There are. And then the entire state of Kentucky would be unemployed. Short-term pain trumps long-term gain.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I didn't bash alternative energy i just object to paying taxes for projects that private enterprise wouldn't give the time of day just because it jives with somebody's political views. Like the $100B ethanol industry which is worse for the environment and less fuel efficient and basically immoral because it increases the cost of food worldwide.

So why do we need alternative energy then if this isn't about global warming?

4. avvie

My criticism wasn't leveled at you, but your statement did reflect some public ignorance on the matter.

I'll answer your question with a question: if there were no such issue as global climate, why would one NOT embrace a sustainable and renewable energy resource that would replace coal and diesel?

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Depends on what embrace means. You mean like ethanol a total absolute failure that we still have to pay for? It's alternative energy dude. Or nuclear power an alternative energy source that was destroyed after taxpayers paid billions for it?

If global warming is not the issue then energy independence is? Isolationist bigotry? I don't want to buy no oil from those people kind of thinking? I can't care less.

6. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Jerome is awesome.. The Haunted Hamburger! <-- Bobby D's favorite burger..

8. avvie

I see that. Never mind then. Because wind, solar and geothermal are exactly like nuclear and ethanol in nearly every way. My bad. Lousy ideas. I'll stop now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar