Article critical of Young

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Wr who do this will not last long in the NFL. You are not paid $1 million + run poor routes and lag on plays. It gets picked up by the coaching staff quickly and is probably one of the quickest ways to lose your job.

2. titansfan4eva24

titansfan4eva24 VY 4 Life

I guess a QB isnt supposed to have a bad year? I guess he is supposed to throw up MVP numbers with shi*** Wr's? I guess it is true what they say, "What have you done for me lately"

3. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

It's a disease contagious with run-happy QBs. Up until now, Roddy White, Michael Jenkins and every other Wr in Atlanta has been labeled a bust, now they're playing up to their potential?

4. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

I think the biggest mistake people make with Vince is comparing him to Vick. If you really watch the two play, their styles are totally different. Vick has always been a run-first QB. He has never made an effort to think pass then run. Vince, on the other hand, is a QB who can run effectively. He has put serious effort into running as the final option. I think, in the future, Vince will be more comparable to QB's like Steve Young and Randall Cunningham. Just give him some time.

5. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

So do you actually think our receivers would be good if put in a different situation? I just really don't think you understand that qb's take a lot longer than 2 years to develop. And you're making it seem there's never been a successful receiver with a scrambling qb but I'd say elway, steve young, and favre had pretty good receivers.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

roddy white played up to his potential, but it was also his magical third year. "michael jenkins and every other wr in atlanta" didn't do a damn thing last year.

7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Yes, I do believe our WRs would be better.

Those three QBs you mentioned were all exceptional passers who were mobile, not Running QBs. I am the only person on this board that believes Vince Young is a RUNNING QUARTERBACK? I know that QBs don't develop into great players in two years, but either you're a QB or you're not. At what point does Vince's lack of passing skills deem him inadequate? He's an exceptional runner, but so is Pacman, are would you play him at QB?

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

People seem to forget VY was consider a 2-3 year project to begin with.

9. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

Obviously he's a running quarterback but most of us just think he's a much better passer than a guy like vick. Whenever he goes back to pass he's planning on passing not just dropping back knowing he's gonna run. You can say he's an inadequate qb when you've given him time and also if we're losing games. Not sure how much you know about steve young's career but his 2nd season he started all year for tampa and had a qb rating of 65.5. He did not have a good season til he was 30. Remember vince is 24 and you just need to have some kind of faith in him.

10. titansfan4eva24

titansfan4eva24 VY 4 Life

is anyone getting sick and tired of people trashing vince after one bad year? For god sakes people act like he is supposed to be the next coming of elway or hes a bust.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar