Article from ESPN on our Offseason

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by theprizdfighter, Mar 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

2. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

With everyone we lost theres no question were going to struggle. Gonna have to hope for a few good signings and a good draft.

I just think people let the 8-8 record get to there heads a little bit..

3. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Pipe down, you sound like a Texans fan!

I love how we are left for dead without even playing one game yet.

4. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I dont think we are left for dead, but I think the article was mostly correct, in that we have taken a step backwards at this point.

5. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

I agree. I feel that we have taken a step backwards, but we still have time to fix things.

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

which means we could be serious playoff contenders in 2-3, with the ability to sustain it - as opposed to being contenders next year and having to retool after a short burst

Mike really hasn't shown us a whole lot yet
    but I can appreciate not throwing ludicrous deals to "I hope it works"
    or multiple picks at "he's kinda good"

- there WILL be some nice talent available in a few months that aren't available now. Teams will begin to look to offload guys who are heading for big paydays next year

I'm very interested what his draft will look like, as it is sure to set a template for what really is required via FA. with the talent available in this years draft, it's understandable why FA is being handled with care

yes, some of the cuts hurt
    but imo everyone we've lost is replaceable

7. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Oh most definitly we have time to fix things. The article basicly was saying were a team that "could" struggle. We wont tho.

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

2004 after some purge= 5-12
    2005 after bigger purge= 4-11
    2006 decent FA's picked up and #3 pick= 8-8

People, we didn't "over-achieve". We are what we are. We should be cycling back up. Now that we've let some "upside" guys go because we didn't want to pay them, we are going to struggle to get the ball into the end zone. What few known play-makers we had are now gone. We now are left to "hope" that our projects are going to pan out. Not the kind of balance that suggests year 2 or 3 of re-building but rather, year one.

I am concerned that Reinfeldt has taken "the build through the draft" philosophy as a green light to consider this year one of re-building. IMO, that sucks. I want to win. Keeping Henry or Wade WOULD NOT have put us back in cap hell, but would have removed some uncertainty about playmaking ability.

I found it interesting he mentioned the failure of any progress on Fisher's contract in the article and noted Fisher would be a hot commodity regardless of the record. Having alot of cap space would certainly be attractive to get a new coach.

Unless something changes, it appears to me "THE PLAN" is to have as much cap space as possible for the 2008 HC coaching acquisition.

9. Titanmc

Titanmc Starter

With everyone we lost theres no question were going to struggle. Gonna have to hope for a few good signings and a good draft.

I just think people let the 8-8 record get to there heads a little bit

What happened in one hour and 21 minutes?

Did you take your medicine and turn positive? :yes:

10. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

Are some of you going to quit being Titans fans after this year? Are you on your deathbed and this is the only year you'll be able to cheer the Titans on? :banned:

Let Reinfeld work. Seattle was a chump team back in the day, now they're perennial contenders. Even if we DO backslide this year, I'd rather build for the long-haul.

And no, I'm not a Cubs fan on the side.:ha:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar