Article on Leinart

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitanJeff, Feb 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I think Leinart could be like Roethlisberger, a guy who gets the job done but isn't always spectacular. The real question is how he will respond on a terrible team.

3. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I still think that if Leinart falls to #3 that some team would be willing to give up a king's ransom for him. Al Davis is the sort who might just love to bring in the California kid to throw to Moss and Porter. and he might give up a bunch.

It would take a Rivers/manning deal to get me to move down, but if that sort of deal is offered it would be tough to pass up. Especially if it was with the Raiders. I don't see them doing much with a new coach and then with a rookie QB in the tough AFC west.

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I think it just sounds like he's had plenty of time with the spotlight on him to learn how to sound good in the media. It's possible that he is the way he sounds there, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's just getting very good at the media game...

5. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

I like his references to Montana and Brady. It got me thinking about those guys...they weren't/aren't "rocket arms", or whatever, but they just win. I won't be hurt if he's there at #3...

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Oh snap, here we go again
    I grow tired of people saying "I like him, he just wins"
    what crap
    like the QB has total control of such things
    most 'winning' QB's are also on good teams with good coaches

you take a "winner" and put him on a 'loser' and see him become a loser

(no offense Banshee ........)

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

vince young was also a "winner" on a less talented team.

8. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

QFT

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

What does that have to do with anything? Its not like we will be selecting between the two anyway.

If Oakland wants to trade with us to get Leinart it could be a gift if the coaches see as much potential in Cutler. Problem is Oakland can have Cutler without trading down.

10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

If Leinart's there at #3, it'll be a long 15 minutes listening to the phone, and while I'd like to see Young a Titan, I don't know if I'm prepared to pass on Leinart.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar