Article on McNair

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Pit Bull #53, Jan 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

a·me·na·ble (ə-mē'nə-bəl, ə-mĕn'ə-)
    adj.
    Responsive to advice, authority, or suggestion; willing.
    Responsible to higher authority; accountable: amenable to the law. See synonyms at responsible.
    Susceptible or open, as to testing or criticism:

I dislike the use of the word amenable
    like Steve is a pawn in Bus Cook's little game of life
    I'd hate to see Steve end his career like Eddie did

""The issue for the Titans is how they want to deal with McNair's monstrous salary cap figures. Right now, he is scheduled to cost the Titans $28.9 million against the projected cap of $92 million. However, that figure is bloated by a $12.5 million portion of a $50 million option bonus the Titans must decide on by March 3.""

blah blah blah blah blah ...... agents suck - let the players decide

2. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

"McNair also has all the leverage in the deal on a restructure."

How do they figure that? I guarantee you Mac would make more playing for the Titans than he would get from any team via free agency. I really dont see a booming market for 32 year old QBs with a fairly substantial injury history over the past two years who are in the bottom half of the league in passer ratings.

This article is poppycock. Its Bus Cook doing his job.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

and of all places, why Miami?

Heat for his the eventual arthritis he will have? They are old on a defense and I don't rate them a QB away from the playoffs next season.

4. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

That's just Steve's agent blowing smoke up Reese's a$$ to let him know that they're going to try to get the best deal for Steve. This could be a reoccurance of another Eddie deal.

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I had heard this Miami thing a day or two ago, though I forget where. Well, the Dolphins are looking to upgrade QB (though I think they have Cutler on their board at, what is it, #16?). There are certainly plenty of Titans in Miami now, and they did finish 9-7. I don't believe anything said in that article will come to fruition, but McNair deserves to consider the opportunity if he wants.

What would suck is if #9 leaves for Miami, and Leinart and Young go before we pick. Then we have Volek and Mauck and will probably have to trade back to try to get Cutler or bring in a vet. They better still take Bush if he's available in that situation.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Oh yeah. And we'll get plenty of this all the way to March.

What baffles me is who do they thing is buying into it?

7. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

Hopefully, Houston hasn't given up on Carr just yet and they go ahead and pick Bush and leave Young and Leinhart on the boad. That's assuming the Young decides to come out.

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

that wouldn't be so bad really ......

that would leave Reggie Bush (the best player in the draft) and would give us a ton of options

like : selecting Bush and letting Billy rebuild his trade value
    or: trading out and some needed picks and picking Cutler
    or: selecting Bush and then grabbing Omar Jacobs a little later

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

i'm sorry but I still think Matt Leinart is a worst case scenario

regardless of what he did his first 30 games, his last 2 were suspect

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar