Article on Young's management

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitanJeff, Feb 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

If we pick Young and he holds out, it would be a PR nightmare for him. It wouldn't be as bad as Pacman, though. Pacman was expected to compete for a starting position from day one.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

A hold out would be interesting because neither side would need to be in camp. He isn't going to play, and the Titans don't need him to play. Both sides lose a little something, but neither would have to budge either.

3. Greenlawler

Greenlawler Gorman Thomas Fan Club

$79 an autograph in his hometown? Imagine what a zoo it will be at training camp to get his sig? I mean when Pac-man came to the fence it was crazy! How many people will get crushed against that chain link at Baptist Sports Park for Vince?
    Thinking back on it, the worst I have ever seen out there was Kearse autograph day his last year. I have gotten every players autograph I have wanted with little trouble every year since 2000 except that day. McNair day is tough too but Steve is so good he stays out long enough that most people get his. Last year on McNair day, Pac-Man came out and it was like a total free for all. I mean probably half the people at least just left Steve to fight for Pac-Man's sig. There were roughly 300 people crushed up to that fence for the guy.
    I am having nightmares about Vince now.

4. A holdout would a major issue. Training camp is the only time a backup QB is scheduled to get a lot of reps. Vince needs to sign before camp no matter where he ends up.

Akili Smith missed his rookie training camp and never caught up.

5. maximus

maximus Starter

He would need the reps that training camp would provide and Steve is only one hit away from missing the rest of the year

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar