Article: Volek blew it

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Starkiller, Sep 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

I agree.... I'd rather them just cut to the chase and put VY in.

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Desperate? Absolutely.
    Maybe going out and getting some OL help might be the answer. Pinning the pathetic showing by this team offensively on Volek is ridiculous. Heck, they paid a ton of money on a WR we haven't even seen on the field yet.

As far as nobody beating down the doors to trade for Volek did you ever consider that Collins could have been had for nothing in trade and now a "desperate" coach decides at the 11th hour to bring him in. What other teams were beating down Collin's door? Besides, the way this coaching staff screwed Volek how can you expect any team to want to trade for him. I'm sure Denver would like him if they had not drafted Cutler.

There is one good thing about Collins. He is proven. He has proven to be far worse than average as an NFL QB. The jury is still out on Volek IMO.

3. Toly

Toly Free your mind

After reading several of your posts, I do realize that you don't like Volek, but what you're saying doesn't make any sense.

Volek sucks based on what exactly? He has a better career PCT and rating than Collins, yet he sucks more?

And how exactly he has failed every chance he's been given to start? Isn't he the same guy that put up back to back 400 pass yard games?

4. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Now IMO that post by B Arrow was a great post:wink2:

I can remember reading the same thing on either the ESPN or SI site sometime last season.

5. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Look, I'm willing to concede that Volek is no ProBowler.

But the bashing that he's been taking here and the yanking that he's been getting from the coaches is absolutely unacceptable.

Star, can anything great be done under the Chow system? I don't recall any great McNair plays since then...who knows, I may have been in the kitchen at the time. Maybe he had to run for his life a few times?

Remember the great Chow offensive strategy? "Endzone? What endzone?" Play after play after play ad infinitum inside the red for nothing.

What Volek has done a great job of is following orders, and his commander sucks. After all the huffing and puffing about how McNair was so much better (which he was), he was completely disarmed when Chow arrived.

I remember that I used to be the lone voice defending Volek in the past. It's been nice to see that several others have since realised that Volek himself is not the problem.

The worst thing about this whole situation is that the coaches have surgically removed the heart of a guy who has been very patient in waiting for his chance to gel with a team. And you supposed "fans" actually expected this team to go out and light it up in the preseason? It didn't work, and so you react by throwing a loyal teammate under the bus because his name isn't McNair.

Most teams don't even start to get their act together until week 8, and you won't even allow week 1 if it were up to you. That's about as Chicken Little as it gets. I'm not even sure if Kyle Boller has taken the amount of abuse that this board has given Volek.

6. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

If i'm not mistaking I don't believe the Titans have ever won a game that Billy has started. There's one reason why I think he sucks. There's more to it than just PCT. It's not hard to have a high PCT when you don't play that much. Billy has a higher PCT than lots of Hall of Famers too, does that make him better than them? I doubt it. I think Billy sucks because I've watched every professional snap that he's taken with the Titans and he's never done anything to help the team win. Oh yeah, except for one game in 2002 when he had a good half. He chokes under preasure everytime. Other than having a good PCT, which is basically useless, what has he done? Without looking at meaningless stats and trying to candy coat everything name one thing that he's ever done in a game to help this team win???? I've already mentioned the Flacons game in 2002 so come up with something better than that.

7. DynamoSupremo

DynamoSupremo F-Back

This thread has turned vicious. Sad times.

8. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Week 14 & 15 2004

918 yards passing 8 TDs 1 INT what else can the guy do for us? If we can not win with Manning-esk numbers me thinks the finger should be pointed at poor D not poor O.

2004 He beat Detroit

2004 week 8 against the Bungles 27-20 W

Considering he has worked second team his entire career he has put up decent numbers. I would like to see what happens with him knowing it is his team in a real game personally. Allot more then drowning with Collins at the helm.

9. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

What difference does it make if he thinks its his team or not? All the sudden he's going to play better? I don't think so. If he doesn't have the nards to step when he's called upon then why would he now. Plus, we've gotten a pretty good look at what he can do when it's his team. One TD against first string players while looking even worse... Hopefuly, this conversation will not mean much soon. Hopefully we'll be talking about how gald we are that VY is starting and neihter of those guys are playing...

10. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

It's called confidence, which if I were a perennial bench warmer who though they finally had there shot and the team brings in a guy a week and a half before the season, I would have none. Come on now if you do not think that confidence for your QB is important I do not really know what to tell you but it is HUGE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar