Article: Volek blew it

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Starkiller, Sep 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

This thread is going no where.. For all those who wish that Volek start, sorry bout your luck cause it ain't happening. Fish will go with Collins even if Collins isn't fully ready. He has lost faith in Volek. You have the right to be a Volek fan but its gonna suck come Sunday when he's ridin the pine.

It really doesn't matter whether anyone thinks Volek or Collins are better. It will all come down to Sunday afternoon. If Billy can win the spot and he earns his way out there than I'm all for it but I have a great deal of confidence that it will never happen.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Maybe Collins is here to back up Vince Young and mentor him a bit. Maybe they are going to start Collins until they feel they have Vince ready to go out and win a game. Maybe it is Kerry Collins job to get us to 3-3 or something... You know they are dying to play Young but can't. Maybe my master, since I am a lap dog after all, feels as if he doesn't have enough time for Billy to learn how to win. He just figures he'll go with a guy who at least does not have a mental block on it. The guy played in New York and all they are asking for is .500 ball and some advice for Young in practice? I don't think Collins will need any gin in his gatorade bottle to handle a mission like that on a one year deal.

Billy on the other hand needs to "showcase" himself because he has something prove to the other 31 teams that do not want him to be their starter. The more I think about it the more it sounds like a pretty good stategy. Volek has had the benefit of a "no pressure" camp. Maybe they really wanted Billy to pan out. They could easily had Collins in there as well. Maybe they chose not to invite him as to give Billy the best shot possible and not have the distraction to camp but kept in communication. As if Vince Young wasn't enough to rattle his cage.

We have been hearing Collins off in the distance since the spring anyhow. Just a bad dream we told ourselves... well, wake up. Collins has been working out with a trainer and studying the play book... jumping rope and making throws just waiting for the phone to ring. I bet you after they drafted Young they told Collins they would make him an offer pending the outcome of Volek... I bet they said if Volek wasn't working out they would faze him in... meanwhile read this and watch these.

Yeah, it sounds cold blooded. If you can't deal with that grow a pair because this is Titans football so you better wear a cup or the F.O. will kick you squarely in the nards.

(see litany of cuts and trades the past 5 years)

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

If you feel Fisher is a competent coach, then you have to feel the move was justified in his opinion. A beefed up OL can't make the QB make better reads. If that was the issue, then only answer is try to upgrade the QB.

According to his agent, Collins had interest. We can't know if he'd be on a roster or not if the Titans hadn't of signed him.

"Far worse than average?" Based on what?

Last season, he was #6 in passing yards. #10 in TDs. He was #20 in passer rating. C'mon, he's not a top 10 QB by any stretch but isn't "far worse than average".

4. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

If Collins does play we will see how he plays. I do not think I really need to bash the guy anymore. It is not like Fisher is on the board right now chomping at the bit to see what I think of the QB situation ..... are you .... ?

If so DON'T PLAY COLLINS :moon2:

I have a feeling if he does play everyone will see the issues I see in his play, if he does not have the issues then we are doing better then I expected and that is great in my book too.

Whom ever starts against the Jets, good luck. Go Titans and lets start this season out right in the W column.

5. Brian

Brian Big Fan

3800 20 and 12 are pretty good numbers.

Rosenhaus would be asking for $10M if those were Billy's numbers.

6. Blazing Arrow

If Volek had Moss, Porter, and Jordan he could have put up those numbers.

7. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Blah, blah, blah.

:sad2:

8. Blazing Arrow

No what is truly said is that is what you come back with. Don't you have some players family member to dog. Who by the way was not cut and is still on our team. Guess you were wrong there too. See this is where :sad2: works.

As I said a couple posts back I am done here, the topic is dead IMO.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Jimmy hoffa...

Your opinion on this matter would be greatly appreciated but i doubt you summon up the courage to have one. Very much like gunny i'm afraid to say.

If hiding behind titan jeff or starkiller is the best you can do i feel sorry for you. I didn't start trouble on this thread i simply took up a cause for volek over collins. It was then that starkiller, titan jeff with you hiding behind them who decided that collins was the man. They are the company insiders and god forbid anyone would criticise company policy on this board.

I form opinions jimmy baby! I say the world is round and a whole buch of yahoos will automatically want to argue.

There is nothing illogical about my opinion. I'm the one with the opinion that is deeper than fisher is always right. I'm the one with stats on my side.

You want to take me on be my guest but do it directly not the sissy man way. This isn't the elementary school playground. This is the big leagues!

I am the big leagues!

10. Brian

Brian Big Fan

I never said he'd be cut. Not worth the cap hit. What I said was he would lose his job and be covering kicks. Looks like I nailed another one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar