Article: Volek blew it

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Starkiller, Sep 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Jeff leave the stats to the pros...me!

Bragging that collin's finsihed 20th in passer rating about says it all doesn't it? There are only 32 teams, 32 starting QBs which puts collins in the bottom 37% or below average!. The fact he threw a lot of passes doesn't mean a thing.

If collins had put up a passer rating equal to his career number he would have finished 25th or in the bottom 21%. That isn't good jeff.

In 2004 collins was 27th in passer rating.:eek:

In 2003 collins was 26th in passer rating.:eek:

When john kitna, charlie batch and patrick ramsey have better career efficiency that doesn't say much. Add tim couch, kelly holcombe and gus freotte to the list of those QBs with better career passer ratings.. Ouch!

A better question is whether collins is an average backup or not.:irked:

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

#9 makes a great point...

Collins is 2nd only to daunte culpepper in fumbles over the last 5 seasons. His 13 fumbles last season is right around average for him.

Is that vet leadership putting the ball on the ground an average of once a game?

Fumbles is not a strong point of volek's game either but with a little arithmetic i came up with these numbers from 2001-2005.

Volek one fumble every 57 pass attempts.

Collins one fumble every 43 pass attempts.

For comparison purposes mcnair had one fumble for every 52 passes but like culpepper mcnair is doing more than standing in one place. How about comparing collins to another pure pocket passer like oh, p manning? Manning has one fumble for every 102 pass attempts.

You guys getting excited about collins starting on sunday? :gag:

3. Brian

Brian Big Fan

More excited that Volek is not.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Is passer rating everything to you? He didn't just "throw a lot of passes" but was in the top 10 in total yards and TDs. But that apparently doesn't mean anything to you. You'd rather have those three-year completions to the TE that inflated McNair's passer rating last year?

When a player has the combined numbers Collins had last year, he isn't "far below average" no matter how you want to twist it.

5. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I know better than that.

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

the what? bunny just keeps going and going and going and going

[​IMG]

7. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Thanks, but trying to suck up to me with compliments will get you nowhere with me. I hate brown noseing.

If hiding behind lies and slinging mud on people is the best you can do, I feel sorrier for you.

By launching a smear campaign and personal attacks, typical Tide tatics.

If that made any kind of sense, I might could reply, or not. ?

That's just too laughable.

Then stop acting like you're still on a playground and calling me a "sissy". Are you going to kick sand in my face next big guy? :whoop:
    You might not have been told, but personal attacks like this whole thread directed at me are against forum rules at GoTitans.com

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

I haven't seen smear campaign this big since S.M.C.K.M.B.

9. Ewker

Ewker Starter

SEC, I mention earlier that it is fairly split on who wants Volek or Collins to start. You can tell it too.

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

yeah, the results of that poll indicate that almost half think Fisher will start Volek and the other almost half think that fisher will start Collins. As I stated earlier, the premise of that poll was what was going to happen, not what one would do if it were up to them. What you want does not factor. Vince Young should not have been an option at all IMO. That choice must be an idiot litmus test... Vince Young has no business starting at this point.

I feel like I have clarity on the issiue. I expect Collins to start and I am mentally preparing myself for that harsh reality. I believe he will do better than Volek wil but that's not saying much considering that Volek is very sub par as a starter. I stand by my Vince Young angle which I've touched on in numerous threads. Volek won't get out of the way for Young the way the Titans want him to. It's becoming more and more obvious that Billy threw a hissie in Fisher's office and now he's in the doghouse and maybe he's going to be cut. I don't think he'll get cut. Volek has become the proverbial insurance policy.

ps-who wants Volek or Collins to start??? No, the poll is what will Fisher decide. I think he decided a day or two ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar