As Offseason Workouts Begin, Haynesworth May Not Participate

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Mar 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Though voluntary, the Titans offseason workouts begin today and Albert Haynesworth remains undecided as to whether or not he'll participate. As of Friday, he had not signed his franchise tender and can't participate until he does. "I have had very little communication with the Titans since the Combine regarding Albert's contract," his agent said last week. Restricted free agents must also sign their tenders in order to participate. So far, only Daniel Loper has done so. Other RFAs who have yet to sign are David Stewart, Bo Scaife, Rob Bironas, Casey Cramer, Vincent Fuller and Reynaldo Hill. The RFA signing period ends April 18.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

[​IMG]

Hey, Hey, Hey.....gimme my Moneeeeeyyy.

3. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

Ah...here we go. Let the preseason distraction to the team BS begin. I hope we don't see the Albert of old next season....

4. titansfan769

titansfan769 Starter

here we go again....

5. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Albert went from a guy we all bash to a hero for Titans fans in one season. Now it looks like he's willing to give that up just to serve his own interests. I really hope he's not that dumb. He could be a leader on this team for years to come.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

This is a lot to do about nothing. Most of the RFAs won't be either. Young won't be either.

If Albert decides to skip OTAs, then it becomes an issue.

7. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

Question: If he goes to the non-mandatory trainings and gets a season ending injury, what does he get paid next year?

My guess is not much (anyone have the real info), so this is not an unreasonable risk avoidance move.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

If he signs the tender, I believe it guarantees his salary for the season if he's injured on site.

9. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I'm more upset that we are in the process of installing a new offense with various personel, and we don't have our Franchise QB taking part. Mike Heimerdinger, I'd like for you to meet the reason we fire you in two years, Vince Young. Unless he is taking classes from Major Applewhite at UT, the only thing he should be learning right now is how to read a defense and multiple coverages. Why is this not more important to Titans fans?

And we all knew Fat Al was going to have a big contract year, they rest on his laurels like always. This is just the beginning, Al peaked last year, now downhill.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

it's hard to criticize a kid for going back to school.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar