As we wait for midnight...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Feb 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

<em>Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky</em> <p>A roundup of some Thursday developments and articles as we await the clock striking midnight...</p> <p><strong>Houston Texans</strong></p> <p>Who will be Matt Schaub's new backup once the Sage Rosenfels trade to Minnesota goes through? How about Chris Simms? The Titans free agent could land a better offer with a better chance to start. But he's college pals with Houston coordinator Kyle Shanahan which could make for a match.</p> <p>The Texans <a href="http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/6283352.html" target="_blank">extended qualifying offers</a> to five restricted free agency, with tight end Owen Daniels getting the maximum offer of $2.792 million tender that comes with first- and third-round picks attached as compensation, John McClain reports.</p> <p><strong>Indianapolis Colts</strong></p> <p>Early in the day there was speculation Jeff Saturday could try to <a href="http://www.tribstar.com/colts/local_story_056230455.html" target="_blank">get the Steelers interested</a>, but he reached a <a href="http://www.indystar.com/article/20090226/SPORTS03/90226054/1100" target="_blank">three-year deal</a> with the Colts.</p> <p>Dominic Rhodes will <a href="http://www.indystar.com/article/20090226/SPORTS03/90226038/1100" target="_blank">test the market</a>, writes Mike Chappell.</p> <p><strong>Jacksonville Jaguars</strong></p> <p>The team announced it would cut veteran defensive end Paul Spicer.</p> <p>"Paul Spicer has been a productive and valuable member of this team for a long time," Jaguars General Manager Gene Smith said. "We've appreciated his team-first mentality and his blue collar work ethic. He was a good example for the younger players because he was a guy who was not drafted but worked very hard to establish himself and his career."</p> <p>The Jags could look for a mid-range veteran to help out. But even if they do, 2009 will bring more work and bigger expectations for Derrick Harvey and Quentin Groves, last year's top two picks.</p> <p><strong>Tennessee Titans</strong></p> <p>With no deal for Kurt Warner in Arizona, the Titans and Kerry Collins aren't going to get any closer. Collins has been waiting on a Warner deal to then try to get a percentage of the deal. If Simms (see Houston entry above) gets a quick deal with a team like the Bears or the Texans, it will mess up the Titans Plan B and give Collins even more leverage.</p> <p>If things drag on, Jim Wyatt <a href="http://data.tennessean.com/v2/bin/pluckTools/display/groupblog.php?blog=96f9f738-ab2a-406c-bf09-a7c50ccfaaed&plckController=Blog&plckScript=blogScript&plckElementId=blogDest&plckBlogPage=BlogViewPost&plckPostId=Blog%3a96f9f738-ab2a-406c-bf09-a7c50ccfaaedPost%3a8c434c57-e485-411e-88e9-440eecccc2e5&sid=sitelife.tennessean.com" target="_blank">wonders if</a> the Titans would express an interest in Warner - an unlikely match - just to stir things up.</p> <p>There has been nothing Thursday to indicate the potential for a last-minute breakthrough with the Titans and Haynesworth. Haynesworth tops <a href="http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/sportsline/main11425323.shtml" target="_blank">Pete Prisco's list</a> of the 50 top free agents.</p>

More...

2. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

hell yeah...I'm all for going after warner and leaving KFC's dumbazz out in the cold...leverage my butt.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

kerry needs to wake up and realize there are probably three teams in the league who want him to be their starter and none of them are going to pay him $14 mil a year.

4. titansfan769

titansfan769 Starter

Ah, i dont see Kurt wanting to play for anyone but Arizona. Hell i wouldnt want to leave Fitz for Gage no offense to gage but fitz is dirty. #1 i dont think we have the wr to fit kurts standards, #2 i think he is contimplating retiring and if he comes back alot of analysts are saying it will be for only arizona, #3 since when do the titans bring in guys that cost more then 5 mill. lol

5. smili

smili Starter

I gotta admit that I like the idea of us talking to Warner if Kerry keeps holding out. I do not want to go into next year with VY as the default starter.

I wonder if our recievers get any better with a top notch QB?

6. titansfan769

titansfan769 Starter

I cant believe that ugly ******* KFC is holding out. What does he think, hes gonna go throw bombs to Calvin...wrong their rebuilding....Go to the chiefs....wrong like what does he think his market value is and can someone find out what kind of crack he is smoking if he thinks he has a starting job anywhere but with us. GIve him the league minimum and it will be the best offer he gets.

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Warner is pretty convincing when he says he will retire if The Cards don't sign him.. Titans would afford him a great line, a couple of decent TEs, a pretty good RB and crap for WR..

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Just like practically every other FA out there he's waiting for FA to unfold to see what kinda dollars he can pocket.. We'd all do the same. Not like there's any team camp going on now anyway..

9. titansfan769

titansfan769 Starter

true it just makes me mad that he is "Demanding" good money when we gave him the opportunity to keep his career going. I dont understand some players in the NFL and in pro sports.

10. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

i hate free agency. I hate greed. I hate albert haynesworth. I hate nfl network. I hate kurt warner. I hate kerry collins. I hate franchise tags. I hate espn. I hate everything. Free agency sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar