Asante Samuel, Chis Houston, Quentin Jammer...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GLinks, Aug 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

If Kyle Wilson can't make it with Rex coaching him, he damn sure won't make it anywhere else.

Just to think that some folks wanted Wilson with our 1st round pick a few years ago.

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I didn't think he was THAT bad.

I think he's a DW player... He was hyping Wilson up as the best CB in the draft, I believe.

Definitely worth picking up and cutting Campbell for though.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

So I guess we are in full-on panic mode about our CBs.. McCourty is still better than Vern, but I digress.

We definitely have the cap room to bring in a vet CB, but we have enough talent between Campbell, Sensabaugh, and BWW to get a solid CB out of at least one of them. That could be on our coaching staff.

Getting pressure on the QB also helps.. it turned Nick Harper, Michelle Whiffin, and Chris Hope into pro bowlers in 2008.

4. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Me...

5. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

Guilty

6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Verner and McCourty are two different CBs. McCourty has the size and speed, but doesn't locate the ball as well. Verner is more physical and makes short to intermediate plays, but he does not have McCourty's range of coverage and requires safety help to not get beat deep. They were a wonderful compliment to one another.

Sensabaugh falls short of both. Better in the nickel, and maybe more effective there, ultimately.

Last preseason game upcoming. Do you let Campbell or Wilson start instead, or like Maverick in "Top Gun," do you keep sending Sensabaugh up?

I can see a reason for each case, but if CS starts again and flames next week, it puts the whole league on notice that we have a serious problem - if they aren't already aware.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

This is the only reason JC says Verner was ever not good at some point.

Because while he was jizzing his pants over a mediocre CB in McCourty, Verner was actually playing football well- as a 4th rounder.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

And vern's stle is a poor fit for the new defense. He was a good fit in the old D and will be a great fit in tampa. If he was here he would not be as good.

9. kenny

kenny Starter

OK so everyone seems to be going nuts over a guy that is not on our team. Verner was good, NOT great. I liked his play last year, but he definitely struggled in his rookie and 2nd year. He gave up several deep plays. He played well against short & intermediate passes and struggled down the field. All that said he has missed the entire pre season with an injury. He was offered good money by the Titans. He chose the bucs. That is his deal, let it go. He was NOT the best CB to grace LP Field. Don't get me wrong I liked how he played IN A CONTRACT YEAR. However, if he could play that lights out why was he so average the rest of his Titan contract?? Obviously you put more value on him than the rest of the league case the best offer he got was from the Bucs, that was just a shade better than what we offered, maybe less. If he is that ass hurt over Jerry Gray, who is no longer with the team, let him walk. Not saying it doesn't hurt, but I will be happier to see a guy that wants to be on this team succeed.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar