Asante Samuel will not report

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Puck, Mar 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I'd be shocked if they did that

2. Hellblitzer

Hellblitzer Guest

# 32 Pacman Jones
    Defensive Stats
    Year Team G Total Tkl Ast Sacks Int Yds Avg Lg TD Pass Def
    2005 Tennessee Titans 15 53 44.0 9 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 10
    2006 Tennessee Titans 15 62 50.0 12 1 4 130 32.5 83 1 8

# 22 Asante Samuel
    Defensive Stats
    Year Team G Total Tkl Ast Sacks Int Yds Avg Lg TD Pass Def

2005 New England Patriots 15 54 44.0 10 0 3 15 5.0 15 0 13
    2006 New England Patriots 15 64 59.0 5 0 10 120 12.0 33 0 14

DUDE, STATS DONT LIE... SAMUEL IS CLEARLY BETTER IN EVERY CATAGORY

3. I don't see the pats throwing their 2nd into the trade, in fact, I see the titans giving more than a 1st and 3rd, even if its an extra pick...

We should sign Harper, and if we want to give up our #19, then by all means try and get Samuel as well as Harper...

And then that'll leave LT to sort out and fix...

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

but does he return kicks ?

Samuels biggest asset (as it pertains to us) is that heads the league in INT's vs. Peyton Manning
    that'll come in handy

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I'd like to get both myself

6. Hellblitzer

Hellblitzer Guest

ahhh...

Nope, but he will shut down one side of the field totally. The equation was whos the better cover corner.

7. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

Stats can be very misleading when you're talking about defensive backs. If you have a defensive backfield that's very strong on one side and very weak on the other (like ours with Pac on one side and Hill on the other) where do you think the QB is going to throw most of the balls? defenders can be taken out of the game statistically by running every play to the other side, but they're severely limiting the offense by forcing them to leave one side of the field alone.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

eh, not really. he gives up as many plays as he makes, although he was better last year than in previous years.

9. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

Actually, they do. You cannot just say Samuel had more INTs, therefore, he's better. Pac was a shutdown corner last year. He was thrown to so seldom, that's why he didnt have the INTs. But if you look at his unofficial pass completion % per thrown at, you would see he's tops in the NFL. And yes, there are several people who say he's already the 2nd best CB in the NFL. The people who don't says he's good clearly aren't looking that hard.

Im not suggesting he's better than Samuel. That's debatable, but he's IMO top 3 CB in the NFL right now.

10. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

Every blown play I see was not Pac's fault. Last year, if we got beat on a deep pass, it was the S who blew the assignment. I can honestly not recall one pass deep to Pac's guy in man to man coverage. If one was completed off his side, it was because he peeled off and the S was supposed to come up in support.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar