Assuming Bush goes #1

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Brian, Jan 5, 2006.

?
  1. Matt Leinart

13.9%
  2. Vince Young

72.2%
  3. Neither

13.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Also:

After last night the Texans have to be tempted to take Young at #1. I'm sure the people down there are going nuts for it.

That would leave Bush and Leinart on the board. The Saints already have McCallister, and need a QB desperately. They would probably take Leinart, leaving Bush for us. That would kill Starkiller. He hates bush.

Whatever happens, we're sittin' pretty at #3.

Thoughts?

2. Titantonic

Titantonic Camp Fodder

Young or Leinart, whichever one New Orleans doesn't take. I never really believed Young was coming out until I heard his comments last night about sitting down and talking it over with his family and coach Brown before making a decision. As much as he would love to have him back, no way Mack Brown tells the kid he's better off coming back to school. Brown has way too much class and cares too much about him to be that selfish. Young will never be in better position to come out and make the money to take care of his family than he is now.

Young....Leinart....seems like a no-lose situation. I voted for Young but I'm much more impressed with Leinart after last night than I was before.

3. Ewker

Ewker Starter

that is hard to say. I can see pros and cons to both.

I am not so sure Bush will go first.

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Kinda looks less likely that Bush will go first now that Young's entry into the draft seems imminent.

I'd take either, or the blockbuster trade that's sure to be offered.

Wow, top 3 - you can't go wrong it seems.

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I still think NO goes Leinart. Lots of talk about movin' the team to LA.

6. Titantonic

Titantonic Camp Fodder

lol...5 minutes after saying I'd take Young over Leinart, I decided I actually liked Leinart better. Just give me Bush.

7. Titantonic

Titantonic Camp Fodder

Riverman....I think the big question mark in who New Orleans takes is the coaching situation. They're basically without coaches right now since the new coach will surely want to hire his own O coordinator. The choice might wind up being made based on what kind of offense the new staff wants to run. Either way, we're in great shape with the third pick even if Young didn't come out.

8. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Just so he can stay in LA? Seems like not the best reason to draft a QB. Popular choice in LA, clearly, but a lot has to happen first before the Saints move there.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Sirius NFL (Riggins/Shine and Red Zone) have made several references that it is not IF but WHEN. '07 is what they keep saying.

10. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

New Orleans has the most possibility to move to LA. Drafting Leinart makes senses, cause it gives the LA people something to be excited about. And Leinart is a stable QB who can come in and win now, which is what New Orleans needs. They already have two scrambling QB's, so now they want so one who they can trust and knows what to do. Plus he brings in the media, and national attention which is what they need.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar