At what round can a pick be considered a bust?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by corymiller, Aug 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

I say 3rd round or earlier...case in point, Mike Martin. Dude is a bum. A workout warrior. Talk all the trash you want to to Ndamokung Suh, but he will never be Suh.

So can a 3rd round pick be considered a bust? I say yes. Paul Williams and Rennie Curran were busts IMO.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Mike Martin is no bum

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Depends on the degree of the bust. Those guys were indeed busts because they did absolutely nothing. Nothing. I don't think Paul Williams ever caught a pass. But in a typical sense, I'd say first two rounds. Curran and Williams just shouldn't have been drafted where they were drafted. I think that much is clear.

4. corymiller

1 reception for 7 yards in the NFL.

5. corymiller

And what has he done to classify himself as "no bum?"

6. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Are you calling Martin a bust already? It's not a big deal if Martin doesnt produce at all this year. It will be too easy to cut ties and move on.

Therefore, Martin won't be considered a bust to this franchise.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

He was a NT drafted to play 3-technique DT, hes been used all wrong up til now. Give him a chance with NFL coaches.

8. xhrr

xhrr Starter

He's been in the league 2 years and we want to call him a bust haha. Why don't you let him take some snaps in the new system before you label him a bust.

Must not be much to talk about if a thread about Mike Martin and 3rd round picks years ago are getting their own.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

You want to talk about Titan busts (1999 draft-present)...

Andre Woolfolk
    Tyrone Calico
    Ben Troupe
    Vince Young
    Chris Henry
    Kenny Britt
    Sen'Derrick Marks

Those are just players taken in the first two rounds... We've had some god awful picks after them as well. I'm afraid we will be adding Locker, Ayers, and Brown to that list soon.

You could probably throw Pacman and LenDale in there too, but Pacman was undeniably amazing for a couple seasons. He was definitely not worth the draft pick, and I wanted Aaron Rodgers with that pick (and admittedly wanted VY the next year). Hard for me to call LenDale a bust because he did contribute for a few years, but it was an awful pick especially when MJD was still on the board.

Notice the years of those busts... 2003-2009. Yep. Makes a lot of sense that we've sucked since then (with the exception of one year) when you draft like an absolute jackass for an extended period of time.

10. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

It's so weird to think of VY as a bust.

Rookie of the Year, 2X Pro Bowler (although it's arguable they were not deserved.)

He is a bust cause he suppose to the franchise QB. But he contributed more to the team more than Pac or Lendale.

But to answer the OP question, I'd say first 2 rounds.

As for players like Curran, he was a compensatory pick. So he was pretty much a 4th round pick.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar