Atlanta has the worse traffic ever..

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Titanup1982, May 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryudo

Ryudo Farten Up

My brand is scottie tissue.
    Scottie is a hottie

2. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

Atlanta and Los Angeles are the top two worst cities as far as traffic. Hands down.

3. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I've driven that a couple of times, but it was too terrible.

Driving down 75 through downtown Atlanta isn't THAT bad, but 285 is absolutely ridiculous. Chicago is pretty bad, but it doesn't have the scary intensity of 285. DC on a Friday afternoon isn't that great, either.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Chicago has to be up there, they have been doing the same work on the same roads for 40 years.

And don't forget the tolls. Illinois has one of the highest gas taxes in the country but you still have tolls!

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Dallas traffic is pretty ridiculous.
    there's no loop. there's no exit to get to American Airlines Arena, nor any signs that point you in that direction.
    to get off to get to the Convention Center, you have to navigate treacherously through multiple off-ramp exit ways, sometimes crossing traffic.

I don't prefer Atlanta traffic either, but wouldn't want Dallas' in it's place

as for Ft. Lauderdale / Plantation / Hollendale / Homestead / Miami .... they have been widening the corridor for over a year now. despite the construction, I don't even consider them in the top 20 of traffic snafu's.

DC has got to be top 5. one of the worst places to go if you are driving...primarily because there's so few parking spaces once you get there.

6. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

check the flag homie

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Lived in South Fla for many years and have driven Atlanta for many years.
    Ft. Lauderdale/Miami is the worst of the two.
    Most likely because in SoFlo you have I-95 and that's it. No circle freeways, no alternate options. You can often sit on I-95 for 4 or 5 hours on a weekday if accidents occur.
    Atlanta's roadways are simply better suited to handle traffic.
    Keep in mind South Florida, from Homestead all the way up to Vero Beach is essentially one huge city. That is a massive amount of people - who all drive that one interstate at rush hour..
    And of course you have weirdos getting naked and eating each other's faces on weekends, which jams up traffic as well..

That said, LA and surrounding areas are unrivaled in my driving experiences. Total commuting shutdown. Heinous almost every day.

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

A year? Try 4 decades...

9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I'm not talking traffic, I am just talking about bad drivers.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I've heard stories about traffic in Egypt.

I'm heading over there in a year or two.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar