TV Show Thread

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Gunny, Oct 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I just finished it tonight. I felt the same way at first but when all was said and done I liked Daredevil a bit more. Gonna post more of my thoughts tomorrow.

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I'm only 3 episodes in, so I should say I feel it's started off stronger.

3. Wildwar

Wildwar Starter

Its been a few days since i finished Jessica Jones i was critical on some things soon after i finished. But after having a few days to let it sink in i think i like it even more.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Okay, Jessica Jones.... overall loved, loved, loved it. The wife and I burned through all 13 episodes in 3 nights. Spoilery, nitpicky thoughts below.
    I too was disappointed Daredevil/Matt Murdock didn't at least make a brief appearance. It's really not a big deal but it could've been an awesome and very exciting moment. Just a bit of a missed opportunity IMO.

I was also a little disappointed with the finale. The whole season did such a great job of building the tension toward an ultimate showdown between Jessica and Killgrave. Then when it actually happens it's over so quickly and in such a (relatively) ho-hum manner.

As far as actual story flaws go, there was only one thing that really stuck out to me.... A significant part of the plot is based upon the idea of trying to convince a jury/the public that a guy who controls minds could exist. Which if this were an isolated world you'd be like "Oh of course, makes sense. Who would believe that?" But this show flat out references the Hulk, Captain America, and aliens. So this is clearly a post-Avengers world we're in. So just why in the hell is it so hard for the people of NYC to believe that somewhere out there is a guy who controls minds? That said, it didn't take away from my enjoyment of the show one bit. It was just a situation where every time "convincing the public" that Killgrave was real was brought up I was just kinda like WTF.

Like I said though I absolutely loved this series. These complaints are just me actively looking for flaws. I said last night I enjoyed DD a bit more. But now that I've slept on it I think I'd put them right there neck and neck. They're just two different shows with two different vibes. Daredevil certainly gets the edge in the action department, but I'd probably give Jessica Jones the edge in the compelling story department.

Netflix continues to knock it out of the park with their original programming.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Oh and did I mention.....
    laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame.

Even though I knew it was most likely coming I was still flabbergasted when I actually saw it play out. There is simply NO WAY you don't get bitten in that situation. Just a total lame, cheap ass move imo.

This was the perfect opportunity to show that no one is safe in this world. And also to have one of the most memorable moments of the entire series by having the gang run into Walker Glenn when they (and the audience) are least expecting it. Oh well. Here comes Negan......

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Hate how every one of The Ricksters sans Mullet and Darrell have the perfect little military "strength in the face of adversity" personas now..
    Time to thin that herd and get some more characters with actual personality.
    One thing FtWD does better right now..

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah I noticed that too. They really need something big to happen (i.e. major players offed) so they can mix up the dynamic a bit. It's really starting to feel like there's this core group of key characters who are just flat out untouchable. I get that you want to keep the fan favorites around but IMO in a post-apocalyptic show like this you need to kill off one of these characters every once in awhile to keep the fans on their toes.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

3 eps in as well. It is damn good.

9. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

that sniper girl I fiiine

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

She is hot.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar