Attendance for jags game

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Big TT, Dec 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Why aren't you there? Some awesome fan you are.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Alex1939

I will also not be there. I gave some tickets to family. Guess I'm a fake terrible fair weather fan, lol.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

You guys can gang up on me all you want. I do what I can to support my team and I'm not going to get in to a pissing contest over who's a better fan.

I go to the games that are feasible for me to go to. I haven't missed a game in the state of Florida since 2000. I sure as hell haven't missed the Jags/Titans game since 99 when I moved to Jacksonville because it happens in my city every year.

I go to games when I'm in Nashville if its a home game(same goes for a trek to Knoxville for UT games).

If you don't have the financial capabilities to attend the games I have no gripes with you. That's why they're televised. I just don't get the point of buying season tickets and not going to the games. Its a waste of money and the seat is empty.

4. Alex1939

Well again, I gave mine to family there will be arses in the seats. We are having part of family Christmas during Titans game because everyone wants to eat, watch, enjoy and be with family.

Again, I'm a terrible fan.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

heres some more facts about saturdays game

tarpkitty fans dont travel so less of the ticket broker seats will sell - BTW those guys have been taking it on the chin for 4-5 years now. There has probably not been 1 game a year where they could make above face, two at the most.

Of the Titan fans who go too the game, Im thinking about a third will not even attend for whatever reason (out of town, prefer to be at home or whatever family tradition) another third will have plans too leave early for the above reasons having nothing too do with the game situation. So by the 4th quarter I expect the stadium too be half empty no matter what the game situation is.

Of the half that are actually planning on staying the whole game I am betting 75% will be willing to leave early on Christmas eve if the game gets away from the Titans - which is my gut feeling on this one. I think the players will have more crapola on their minds than the football game while the tarpkitties will only have football on their minds cause they wont be home till Christmas day.

Bottom line if the game turns ugly the stadium will be at least 3/4 empty by the beginning of the fourth, and best case scenario only half full

Just my opinion

and yes I know I said the above were facts but clearly I am using an educated guess. I would have no issue with a filled stadium and a fired up team and home crowd, but I really dont see it happening

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

1. Bad Titans team in '10 that left a bad taste.
    2. Fisher fired. Munch not a sexy hire.
    3. The Lockout and all the BS surrounding it.
    4. CJ holdout and his sucky-production once he returned.
    5. Bad economy.
    6. Sucky stadium.
    7. Sucky gameday experience.
    8. Sucky prices.
    9. Some great deals on some huge HD TVs.
    10. Redzone.
    11. Every Titans game being like a box of chocolates.

I probably missed one or two things but those are among the reasons for low fan motivation.

I blame Munch. He's responsible for motivation.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I imagined you saying this while stirring a coffee.

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I am a bit of a hypocrite for blasting fans for opting not to go to games, but my biggest beef was them letting the tickets go to waste rather than give them to other Titans fans.

I'm giving my tickets to my friend and his fiancée... He's just as into it as I am, so no clapping/shouting loss. Only downside is his fiancée is totally oblivious, but that should be expected.

This is the first time I've flat out opted not to go to a game. I've missed 6 games due to unavoidable reasons (we are 0-6 in those games, so don't expect a W on Saturday). I hope we can get the W, but I'm too mad at Munchak/Hasselbeck/CJ to go to the game and sit through a potential mess. I'll watch from home.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Not coffee, man.

10. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

We have had season tickets since 99...I have been in the stands when it was so electric that I did not want it to end...could not talk until almost the next home game because it was non stop yelling. But the last few years it has been a disappointment. I take great issue with fans who criticize lack of noise or fan involvement based on TV noise from their sofa. It's as stupid as the Jag fan criticizing the Buffalo fans on PFT because they were 24k fans short and blacked out this weekend. He forgot that they still were going to have about 50k paid and they DON'T tarp their seats to hide the lack of fans....was pathetic.

That being said, the last couple of years have been frustrating with the number of opposing fans getting seats in our section. We were covered in Saints fans....ridiculous.

In this economy I don't blame those that are NFL fans but not die hard Titans fans for not showing up in inclement weather or when the team is playing like they really don't care to win. Why would they? Winning will fix all that...I hope.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar