ATV vs Coty

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Jul 22, 2013.

?
  1. ATV

13 vote(s)
    86.7%
  2. Coty

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

So we all know that we going to be a press coverage team now, under a more aggressive overall scheme. As you know, this entails bigger and more physical CBs, which leaves me to believe that ATV will lose his spot to the better of Tommie or Wreh-Wilson.

I've been reading a lot about Coty and how he has wowed in OTAs so far. So here is my question, if ATV is a causality of our new scheme, would you have him take NB from Coty or would you prefer Coty to stay there?

Arguments could be made for both:

For Coty, he is still very young, and to his own credit, he cleaned up his play toward the end at the NB. He is obviously younger and therefore cheaper. ATV is a FA next year, and if he doesn't fit scheme then it would make sense to keep Coty there. He has been dubbed by Tenn.com as CB 'offseason star' (of his group) and they said the NB is 'his to loose.' We also don't really know what his ceiling is, so that's always exciting.

For ATV, he was great at the NB when he was younger. He seems to be a great slot CB as he is aggressive and an excellent tackler (he was our best tackling DB till Pollard came). He's extremely physical for a guy his size and got a lot of INTs when he played the slot. We know what we are getting with him there and I find Coty to be a potential liability in comparison to ATV. If he looses his job, and we can offer him a 4 year contract for less than J-Mac and make him our permanent NB, that would be stellar. 3-WR sets are a lot of teams' most run formation, so you need a starter at NB and you need depth as well.

So with that, on to the POLL.....

2. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

I went with ATV, but I was really impressed with the way Coty played last year and it seems that he is impressing once again in the offseason. I think the kid can be good, but right now we need proven commodities.

3. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Regardless of who gets the NB position, this is going to be a fun battle to watch.

As for right now, I would trust ATV with the NB spot. Coty did look pretty good toward the end of last year, but I refuse to think ATV has fallen that far off the radar.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

It'll be a real tragedy if we somehow phase ATV out, he's a instinctive player, and thats invaluable at times.

5. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I still maintain that ATV is the best corner on this team. Wrong CB (McCourty) got paid.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I think Mccourty is the overall better corner (better 1 on 1) but I LOVE ATV. Unfortunately I do think this scheme is moving away from his style of play, and Coty, Wreh-Wilson & Campbell all have chances to beat him out (but no way ATV ends up #5 on the depth chart).

Coty impressed last season as a rookie. He has a chance to be pretty good. I have hopes for Wreh-Wilson as well, I was actually hoping we would draft him. Maybe Tommie will finally show us what we've been waiting to see.

Either way, I'm convinced this is ATV's last season in a Titans jersey, and it makes me sad.

7. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

This is not a bad dilemma to have. ATV is proven and the upside of Cody is promising. Either way we got a good backup.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

He spells his name with a T, he's momma made a oops on his birf certificut

9. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

OMG damn man too funny!

10. pepsidriver24

pepsidriver24 @snydzie

Just the same as Dwyane Wade's grandmother.

"It just felt right"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar