Training Camp August 11, 2015

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Aug 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

3. Montreal

Montreal Special Teams Standout

I dont't how much of you guys read the Titans Sub on Reddit but a User by the name of Trick96 posts a very interesting live updates of everyday of camp. I post it here but full credit goes to him.

"Today will be the day Mariota throws a pick. I can feel it. I can feel this story finally going away. Looks like good weather today. I really don't think there will be many people there because kids are back in school for the most part. Could be wrong though. Should be a good day. I'm not gonna show up till about 10 minutes before the gates open probably.

As always you can ask me to watch specific players or groups and you can follow me on Periscope, @trick096, for potential live video.

Practice starts at 9:20 and is over at 11:30.
    • Yup, real small crowd today.
    • Taylor Lewan not practicing today, but standing out with his guys during walkthroughs.
    • I am fine with 110 degree weather. But if it's humid, **** me. I hate high humidity.
    • Mariota with a read option keeper. Slides after getting about 6 yards before any defender can get to him.
    • They've been running this reverse where Mariota hands it off to Dexter who hands it off to Wright.
    • David Cobb fumbled, and I have no idea how, but he recovered with 7 defenders also going after it. Eason the ground rolling around for a good 6 seconds. Honestly a terrible job by the defenders of getting on the football.
    • Andy Gallik getting work at Guard.
    • Craig Stevens with a diving catch.
    • Mariota throws a bad ball to Kendall. You could tell it frustrated him a little bit. Whiz came to talk about it.
    • Mariota to Stevens in redzone 7v7 over Brown. Good coverage, good throw, good catch. Not much Brown could do.
    • Rico Richardson had a drop earlier, but makes the crowd today 'ooh' with a catch in the endzone. Great throw from Zach.
    • Mett throws a pick to Marqueston Huff in redzone. Very good play by Huff. Not sure if he was playing corner or safety on the play.
    • There is this old lady next to me who has an unexpectedly large amount of knowledge about the Titans. Seems like a nice and educated woman. Pretty cool. Definitely more knowledgable of the team than 95% of the fans here.
    • Simultaneously there is an older man next to me wearing a Mariota jersey who does not know who Jurrell Casey is
    • Cody Riggs getting first team snaps on the outside. Coty is at nickel. McCourty and BWW are both not practicing today.
    • I am praying to God that we can sneak Rico Richardson onto the practice squad again this year. He has been so impressive to me.
    • Brown gets hand on a Mariota pass during 11v11. If he were a step further probably would have been a pick.
    • Huff yells at Tavai from safety position: "Watch 22 come out". Tavai proceeds to follow Dexter and breaks up the pass. No idea if that would have happened without Huff yelling anything or not, but still good to see that communication.
    • I've been watching Cody Riggs a good bit today, and he has looked good.
    • Mariota runs into Sankey on a PA pass. No idea whose fault that was. Mariota did recover and completed the pass to Hunter though.
    • After a quick goal line period, practice is over.
    My interception prediction for Marcus did not happen. Sadly. Good practice though. That fumble by Cobb is the only thing that really bothered me today."

• High Five High Five x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Good stuff.

Maybe Mariota will never throw an interception, game or otherwise, and everyone will just learn to accept it.

• High Five High Five x 4
  5. Old Oiler Fan

Old Oiler Fan Starter

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Wyatt's post practice report mentions Cody Riggs has a legitimate shot at making the team, Zach Brown has been a stand out and Ken was impressed with Galik playing at Guard today.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

He's gone nearly 6 games worth of throws interception free, I could get used to that

8. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

I've been curious about Galik, him and Lewan seem to have a little bromance going as far as I can tell from the Twitters, and I thought that might mean he was standing out on the field. However it is equally as likely that Lewan is the king of bromances.

9. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I have literally not heard anything about Galik since he signed his rookie deal. If I remember correctly, they had Velasco ahead of him on the depth chart. He may be a practice squad guy if someone doesn't snatch him up.

I also have heard very little about Mount. Any word?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar