Training Camp August 16, 2015

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Rudad, Aug 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

You want to see this forum lose its sh't? A Center is a value position, they're the 2nd or 3rd thoughts of GMs at a position that's on a team within the team, so it's very very rare for a GM to put a 1st round on any Center. Consider them the most overlooked players in football, a 2nd round pick is the absolute highest I'd look at Centers simply because of the way it is. It's very common to see teams get their Centers in mid to later rounds because of certain other positions carrying a higher value. It would be bad sign to see us take a Center in the 1st round.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  2. Rudad

Rudad Starter

But since was last day for fans to watch : Taylor Lewan, Michael Griffin, Orakpo, etc. we're out there signing also .

3. Rudad

Rudad Starter

Another thing noticed, Mariota and Mett have a good relationship. They were joking together all day.

4. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

MM: did you see Justin Hunter run into that golf cart?
    Mett: you'll get used to it
    MM: haha really?
    Mett: seriously, pump the brakes Olive Oil!

• LOL LOL x 1
  5. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

Apparently Byron Bell gave a huge speech on the playing with intensity.

Yes, leave it to arguably the softest guy on the line to give the team a speech about playing with some balls.

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

This coming from the guy who said he can't get better without giving up sacks?

Yeah, gonna go out on a limb and say it was less than awe inspiring.

• LOL LOL x 1
  7. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

They also moved Bell to LG for a lot of todays practice with Meredith playing RT.

Levitre sat out and watched.

• LOL LOL x 1
  8. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

If they were experimenting with the OL why didn't they bump Poutasi into the starting rotation at either LG or RT? Also why not try Galik in there as well since (last I heard) both rookies are having decent camps.

9. The Bukafax

The Bukafax Starter

In which regard does this board hold Emory Hunt, The Czar of the Playbook? He believed our boy Gallick was in the Top 5 players in the draft out of every position.

10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I agree. What pisses me off is that we've had MANY value opportunities at C in the past few drafts and we've blown choices on folks like Gooden, Ayers, etc. Schwenke has turned out to have been a poor answer- another scouting setback. I remember we took him over Barrett Jones (who was injured so it didn't seem like a bad pick at the time but now he's coming on). We also passed on Peter Konz who although average has been better than what we've got IIRC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar