August 9th Pre-Season

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ImATitan, Aug 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

I find myself....ahem....rooting for Peyton Manning? I find it tremendously difficult to even read the words I just wrote, but hell, it's true. He's out of the division, on a young, talented squad, and would make for a decent comeback story.

2. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

I watched part of DEN/CHI ... Peyton only put in one series and it did end with an int, but he was actually pretty accurate. He didn't really throw any deep passes though. He through a few intermediate passes, but they didn't really have the zip on them that you would expect from PM. He kinda lofted them in there ... The field was wet though since it had been raining which might have contributed to it. But even with out the 'zip' we are used to seeing from him, he sure looked better throwing than Tebow ever will.

Peyton also didn't take any hits. It will be interesting to see how he responds to his 1st sack.

I also watched part of the Chargers game ... Rivers to Gates for a TD right off the bat. We will really need Brown to step up before week 2 since we have nobody else that can cover TEs like Gates.

3. acqua7

acqua7 Pro Bowler

Very high on him for fantasy football this year.

4. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Ryan Mathews is gonna be out when we play the Chargers. That might be a little bit of a break. They have Ronnie Brown as their backup.

5. acqua7

acqua7 Pro Bowler

I think we just need to pray that we don't suffer many injuries during the preseason. I always cringe when i see Stewart taking a day off, mainly beacuse i don't think our oline depth is to good.

But as always its a toss up so we'll just have to wait and see

6. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

I thought peyton looked terrible. He's definitely still elite at reading defenses and a field general, but his arm looked weak and his accuracy not quite there. I think he'll be next to mediocre this season..

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Hey did you guys know Byron Leftwich is still playing?

8. JMUTitan

JMUTitan Starter

The amount of injuries last night was ridiculous. Can't exactly complain about the Ryan Mathews injury, as that will probably sideline him for our matchup against the Chargers. I'd much rather face Ronnie Brown than Ryan Mathews

9. DownSouthPlayer

DownSouthPlayer Starter

What teams play tonight?

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Jets @ Bengals
    Browns @ Lions
    Giants @ Jaguars
    Bucs @ Dolphins
    Cards @ Chiefs
    Vikings @ Niners

Games start at 7:30EST

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar