Available Wideouts

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, May 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

antonio bryant is a good WR, he's just crazy.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Oh, pretty easy IMO. He's got way more play-making ability, and is more suited as a #1 that can draw attention better than Keyshawn would.

3. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

i like our core as it is, even if we only win 4 games this season, give us a couple of years and i see us having one of the best recieving cores in the NFL, we are young, and we are winning, nothing wrong with that, and we dont need 34 year old ball hogs to come in and dissrupt our chemistry

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Wait, you're saying that Reche Caldwell, who has 1 season with more than 400 yards receiving, who has never really been a #1 WR (other than last year, where he almost got beaten out by a TE), is more suited as a #1 and to draw attention than Keyshawn Johnson? Johnson has NEVER had a season with less than 600 yards receiving, and the only season in which he had less than 800 yards was when he only played 10 games. I understand that he's old, but COME ON. Who do you think runs better routes? Who do you think is a better blocker? Caldwell probably has more in the tank at this point, but from a skills standpoint, how can you justify that Caldwell would make a bigger difference on our team than Johnson? That really is like saying that Calico would be a big upgrade to McCardell, and Johnson should have more left than McCardell does.

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Keyshawn isn't a #1 WR either anymore. Keyshawn is also near the end of his career which means we could have the privledge of having him here the year he lays an egg and proves he is washed up.

Look at Moulds, a guy who like Keyshawn had decent stats year before last and laid an egg last year. Figure Johnson might have been good for 500 yards and 50 catches (thats right his YPC would be a whopping 10.0). Is that really all that much to be excited about? Pay the guy 4 mil a year and then we can beach all year because he didn't magically fix our passing game?

Keyshawn is no more suited to be a #1 than a guy like Caldwell and I'm not suggesting Caldwell is all that good.

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I know, I know, both Moulds and Keyshawn have gotten old, and aren't what they once were. But I have a lot more faith in either of them still having a few tricks left than trusting Reche Caldwell when we need a go-to guy.

I don't think any one person would come in and "save our passing game". It doesn't matter who you could bring in, it's a silly idea and I won't defend it. I also don't think we should pay any of these people 4 million a year. We offered Johnson 3. But when you say, who would improve our passing game the most, I'd take moulds or johnson over caldwell. (as long as we're talking about just this next season). Since we have so many young WR, we can assume that one or two of them will be able to step up at some point and we only need some filler while they mature.

7. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

lmao at 'laying his egg'..

but seriously.. i sure as hell still wouldnt have minded if he would have layed his egg here...

[​IMG]

8. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

9. Tungtide

Tungtide Just Another Freak

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar