Babin is Officially a Titan Now

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Chapparal97, Mar 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Every year the Titans bring in vet cast offs so they can fight for a roster spot and improve the depth of the team. That is all they are doing here. People who think Babin was brought in to be our answer at DE shouldn't be allowed to post any more. Almost as ridiculous are people who bash the signing (because it didn't cost us anything and there is zero risk).

By the way if Babin makes the team and gets 4.5 sacks the signing is BRILLIANT. His role, if he makes the team is to be a rotational pass rusher. If he can do that and get as many sacks as KVB did playing 3/4 of the plays on defense Babin will be one of the best signings ever made.

titan_fan_4ever quoted a Philly fans comments about Babin that make sense. Babin has been miss cast and spent a good part of his career as an OLB in a 3-4 defense. His value, if he has any, is in a 4-3 lined up wide as a DE. That is what he is going to be brought in to do.

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Better than nothing, and defiantly better than paying KVB 6X Babin's rate for essentially the same nothing.

3. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Yea because Jevon Kearse wasn't a below average player when we signed him to start for us. We would NEVER do a thing like that.

4. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

1. I gotta agree. I can easily see this guy surpass KVB's 4.5 sacks. I'm gonna be expecting more blitzing from Cecil as he gets more comfortable so our D will be much more aggressive.

2. Whether we rotate him and Ball on one side or Hayes and Ford on the other side, he's gonna be used in a great way. He won't be expected to play every down so he'll be fresh. I think that if he can really fit in here in the locker room, he'll be a steal on the field. He's still young and might be peaking right now and in his prime so he's gonna be a guy you keep your eyes out on.

5. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Oh yeah, KVB was way overpaid last year. I like the idea of taking a $1 Million chance on a young journeyman like Babin. This has the potential to be a big quiet FA steal.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I want Derrick Morgan to solve our DE issues. We're the Titans and we have DE issues, wow. That's odd to me.

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

Forget how many sacks he gets. If he gets pressure on the QB and that keeps the QB from eating a ham sandwich while waiting for his WR's to run triple moves on out CB's and S's...it'll help. If he gets pressures and someone else gets the sack while the QB is moving away from him...it's all good. Bottom line is...we need PRESSURE.

Unless we take a CB in rnd 1, I don't see how we're gonna blitz MORE....why would we? The design of the D is to get pressure with the front four and play an aggressive zone behind it which should lead to lower completion percentage, more sacks, and more interceptions. I would not trust Mouton or McCourty right now to handle Andre Johnson, Reggie Wayne, Randy Moss, ect so we can blitz more. This is WHY we need more talent up front so we can keep our S's back and not let WR's a lot of time to run double and triple moves on us with the QB having a clean pocket.

Gut

8. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

we just need a big mofo with the temper of Finny.

9. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

i wouldnt really call him that. rather he is a sports writer who is a fan of the eagles; but he serves really as a sportswriter for other websites. in fact yardbreaker is accredited source w/ foxsports support - but yes i agree w/ your post.

shame on you for thinking id quote an eagle fan :nono: hahahah...those guys are CRAZY

for that matter, i'm almost convinced that Y!'s Michael Silver is a Titan fan - can someone find that out. i no he is a cali native and looks to have no connection w/ TENN but ever since he joined Y! he has been giving us props.

10. Passepartout

Passepartout May Flowers and May Day

$1M Is less but we will see what he can do for that much! Now won't we!?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar