Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Babineaux benched again in Titans loss

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Titans Insider Titans News

JACKSONVILLE Titans safety Jordan Babineaux took a bad angle on Sunday — and he got benched because of it.

Babineaux was within a stride of Jaguars receiver Cecil Shorts when he caught a Chad Henne pass in the middle of the field in the third quarter, but Shorts cut inside of him and raced 59 yards for a touchdown.

“That was play where I thought there was potential for an overthrow,’’ Babineaux said. “But Shorts stepped up and Henne hit him on it and he split the defense after that. I have to find a way to take a better angle. It can’t go for (59), I know that.”

Babineaux was replaced on the next series by safety Robert Johnson, who played the rest of the way.

Babineaux, who was also benched in-game during a game at Buffalo last month, took the benching – presumably a decision made by defensive coordinator Jerry Gray — in stride.

“I didn’t make the play,’’ Babineaux said. “The coach is the one who makes the move, and what can you do? RoJo went in and I had a conversation with him about what to expect. None of this is personal. When it comes to things like that, where I’m in a situation where I have to forfeit my position – I owe it to my teammates to make sure they are seeing things I prepared for all week, so they’ll have success.”

Posted In: League News, Team News

Source: Titans Insider
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Locker
    Moolah:
    $9,485
    Makes you miss Lamont Thompson.
  2. titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

Wycheck
    Moolah:
    $1,299
    I will never miss Thompson.
    Bonky, lee7786 and Finnegan2win high five this.
  3. Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $2,983
    Going to have to ask you to take an hour break and collect your thoughts. You should be ashamed.
    Gunny and titantrusince82 high five this.
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Locker
    Moolah:
    $9,485
    Lance Schulters?

Makes you realize this team really hasn't had a solid safety since Bishop.
    dtm586, GoT, titantrusince82 and 1 other person high five this.
  4. titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

Wycheck
    Moolah:
    $1,299
    That's better. You have too much Titan knowledge to make a statement like the one earlier. Lamont Thompson, Chris Henry, And Crumpler are a few names that should banned from this site.
  5. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $215,530
    Yea our safteys SUCK!

Babs is garbage now, and Griffin, well you know how bad he is..

Find new safteys!!
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Locker
    Moolah:
    $9,485
    I was being sarcastic though I don't know if he was any worse than Babs this season.
  6. nickmsmith has the most poverty RB corp.

Reynaud
    Moolah:
    $22,530
    Lamont thompson was as good as anything we have at the safety position.
  7. titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

Wycheck
    Moolah:
    $1,299
    Lamont was horrible. I'm still going to counseling over his stint as a Titan. I wish that we would have sign a real SS in the off season instead of thinking that Griffin and Babs could play the position.