Babineaux benched again in Titans loss

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

JACKSONVILLE Titans safety Jordan Babineaux took a bad angle on Sunday — and he got benched because of it.

Babineaux was within a stride of Jaguars receiver Cecil Shorts when he caught a Chad Henne pass in the middle of the field in the third quarter, but Shorts cut inside of him and raced 59 yards for a touchdown.

“That was play where I thought there was potential for an overthrow,’’ Babineaux said. “But Shorts stepped up and Henne hit him on it and he split the defense after that. I have to find a way to take a better angle. It can’t go for (59), I know that.”

Babineaux was replaced on the next series by safety Robert Johnson, who played the rest of the way.

Babineaux, who was also benched in-game during a game at Buffalo last month, took the benching – presumably a decision made by defensive coordinator Jerry Gray — in stride.

“I didn’t make the play,’’ Babineaux said. “The coach is the one who makes the move, and what can you do? RoJo went in and I had a conversation with him about what to expect. None of this is personal. When it comes to things like that, where I’m in a situation where I have to forfeit my position – I owe it to my teammates to make sure they are seeing things I prepared for all week, so they’ll have success.”

Posted In: League News, Team News

Source: Titans Insider
  2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff Member

Makes you miss Lamont Thompson.
  3. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

I will never miss Thompson.
    • High Five High Five x 3
  4. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Going to have to ask you to take an hour break and collect your thoughts. You should be ashamed.
    • High Five High Five x 2
  5. TitanJeff

Lance Schulters?

Makes you realize this team really hasn't had a solid safety since Bishop.
    • High Five High Five x 4
  6. titantrusince82

That's better. You have too much Titan knowledge to make a statement like the one earlier. Lamont Thompson, Chris Henry, And Crumpler are a few names that should banned from this site.
  7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

Yea our safteys SUCK!

Babs is garbage now, and Griffin, well you know how bad he is..

Find new safteys!!
  8. TitanJeff

I was being sarcastic though I don't know if he was any worse than Babs this season.
  9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith has the most poverty RB corp.

Lamont thompson was as good as anything we have at the safety position.
  10. titantrusince82

Lamont was horrible. I'm still going to counseling over his stint as a Titan. I wish that we would have sign a real SS in the off season instead of thinking that Griffin and Babs could play the position.