Babs for the long term

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Clark, Feb 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Michael Griffin - DB - Titans

Free agent FS Michael Griffin says he'd be open to playing under the franchise tag in 2012.
    A reshuffled Titans' front office has remained mum on its intentions for the tag, but tagging Griffin could be wise if they are already resigned to losing fellow free agent Cortland Finnegan. If the Titans let both Finnegan and Griffin hit the open market, a pass defense that was middling for most of last season would be in danger of entering 2012 without two of its long-time linchpins.
    Related: Cortland Finnegan
    Source: Terry McCormick on Twitter
    Feb 21 - 9:26 AM

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Of course he wouldn't mind being franchised, he'll get $6.2 million for doing nothing.

As far as Babs, did anyone see this?

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/34202/like-many-free-agents-babineaux-talks-cha-ching

3. JCBRAVE

I saw that, and he's right, we pay, he plays.

We wont get a better value from a free agent or draft pick. Babs is the best way to go. If our team was ok with paying Chris Hope over $7M last season, how could we not pay Babs something more than $800k??

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Yea but we better not pay him that much just because he does not suck as much as the others. Babs is just an average safety, and I hope he does not think his calue shot up just because he is the lesser of three evils.

5. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

One thing I read was that Babs can't be resigned by us until after FA starts because of the way his contract was done last yr.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

If we use the tag on Griffin and let Finnegan walk...

It'll be really hard to stomach.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. JCBRAVE

If we franchise Griffin, I'll be in jail, and you all better write to me thanking me.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

franchise Finny, see how much he really wants to stay in Tennessee and see if we can work a deal out.

Re-sign Babs and see if we have anything in Robert "toothpick legs" Johnson by now.

Let Griffin eat siht and walk....the only guy that says they wouldn't mind playing for the Franchise tag are guys who know they aren't worth it or greedy punks like Fat Al.

Hope, heck if we can re-sign him to a really cheap 2-3 yr deal, i wouldn't be opposed to holding on to him, not that he's very good, but he knows the system and could be cutbait during camp.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I'd like to have Babs back but I'm also curious what his idea of ca-ching is. No doubt he deserves more than $800K but if he's talking like $5 Million per year then I say pass.

10. JCBRAVE

I think he wants something in the $3M/yr neighborhood, and I hope we give it to him.

That's what Seattle was paying him in 2007. That's what Griffin made in 2011, and Babs out played him and every other safety on the team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar